This blog is for general ranting and stuff that goes on my every day life in work and relationships. Stuff that is incredibly personal will not be posted on this blog. For all theatre related commentary please go to my Theatre is My Life blog.
Friday, December 2, 2005
Fall 05- Dealing with finals stress
Can I honestly say how happy I am that i didn't go to new york this weekend? Last week was so stresful for me and sure new york is a fun time but if i had gone to New York I would have been been overwhelemed with even more work than I would've known how to deal with. I mean I realize I missed a good time but I will have other opportunities to go see shows in New York... that's why it's good to have a mom whose job takes her to new york every now and then then she can take me to see Rent or any other in particular show that might be play whenever we go. The creationism paper for science wasn't so bad after al... even thoughj I had to retype my entire outline because I lost the version I orginally had of it because my computer crashed on Wednesday and being the moron that i can be on occassion i forgot to save it to disk. I am realy hoping that they find out what is wrong with my computer very soon. It really upsets me that this had to happen right before finals week tres annoying. Hopefully not everything will not be totally erased from my hard drive because I had the rest of the 37 chapter novella that I finished writing last year saved on my hard drive and it would suck if my hard drive got erased because i can't find the disk that I saved all my chapters on. And naturally all my homework from this semester is also saved on my hard drive but a lot of that stuff is backed up so i'm not too worried about that. Well the next couple of weeks will definitly be quite insane with preparing for/taking finals. Let's see if I can survive the next 2 and half theree weeks without having a breakdown much like the minor one that I had Thursday morning after I got out of Multicultural Ed. My finals schedule consists of one project two tests and one portfolio for media writing so that shouldn't be too much to stress out on.. well at least i'm hoping so. But then after that I'll be home free and back in Amherst for a monnth of relaxation at home.. though I'll still be working because I need to start doing research for jobs and internships for the summer over the break. Last Tuesday when Keri did her performance the people from WMUR were up her to interview Keri and I was standing right next to Tiffany Eddy at one point during the performance and I should've said to her " Hey I'm looking for internship at your studio for this this summer." but I didn't and thought to myself 'Oh darn, there goes a golden opportunity.' Aw shucks, oh well. This semester has been one hell of crazy one and honestly I can't wait for it to be over because then I can relax. Honestly, so much has gone on for me between my uncle passing away in September, classes,homework; being overwhelemd about being in too many clubs, stupid boys, being nervous about asking a guy out...then actually telling him that I liked him and later regretting it because I thought it would somehow mess our friendship up.. my life has somewhat resembled that of hurricane. But as the short entry below this quite lenghty one states I have awesome friends up here at school who have been there for me through all the rough times I've been through this semester. It's always a good thing to know you have people on your side to bring you up when you are feeling down and to cheer you up. So to everyone... wheather you read this or not... Tim,Erin,Christina,Ali, My suite three girls (Emily;Amy and Megan) Anh; Marion; Sarah; Jennie; Rachel; Darren; Zach, Amanda, Keri (Thursday primarily) and anyone else.. i don't think i'm leaving anyone out if i am feel free to yell at me later and to all the Amherst kids who comment on this journal still and leave me notes on my facebook page thanks for being there I love you guys, you all kick ass.*end of mini sentimental rant... but i think it's important to let my friends know how much they rock my socks off and how i much I appreciate them. * moving on........Showcase is on Friday. Honestly I'm not really sure if I want to perform in it anymore because I don't really think what I am going to do for it will be ready for Friday. But naturally I will go anyway to support my other friends from theatre who are in it. And take some pictures because taking pictures is fun :D Next Friday is the semi formal. I am really excited about going to it but I am having trouble finding a date. I have already asked someone but he said he wasn't sure if he was going to go yet and that he would get back to me. I'm not sure how long he's going to take to get back to me but I should let him know I need to know what his answer is by a certain time so that way I have enough time to ask someone else to go with me if he says no. If I strike out with finding a date then I will just go stag because it is more fun that way on occassion. I do have a few people i mind just in case this person says no so i am not going to give up. I'm going to predict my end of the semester grades just for kicks because it's always fun to predict things though most of the time when i predict things i am wrongScience B-/CMulticulutral Ed CMedia Writing B+Politics Bso we'll have to see where things end up with that. Wish me luck.. I'll need it moreso for science than the other classes because I think i'm borderline in that class gradewise and quite honestly i'm worried that i am going to fail it. But maybe I just jump to conclusions too much. I'll just go with the flow. back to finishing my science paper~Janine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment