Since my birthday I have been thinking a lot about how I want to change my life. Last year was most definitley a transitional year for me in a lot of ways but now I think I am at point where I can start over fresh. Here is how this year will be different from last
- Job Stress: My job training program at St Joe's Hospital Project Search started on the 31st. After the first two weeks I can honestly say I am going to enjoy it though the worksheets we have been doing have been a bit tedious. The main goal of the program is that particiapants will be placed in a full time jobs at either St Joe's or another hospital or healthcare facility in Nashua. This week my process for interviews for internship rotations started off rough. I have an interview in the Pharmacy on Monday and yesterday I met with the supervisior in Medical Records and they may have a position for me there too. By this time next I am hoping to have a full time job and living in either Nashua, Concord or Portsmouth.
- Barn Playhouse Depression: My biggest struggle last year was overcoming the obstacle of my depression related to the theatre I interned at three years ago the New London Barn Playhouse. In regards to that two main things I had issues with was emotional attachments to the experieence I had there (rollled into that is having issues accepting that the Barn was changing as a whole) and anxiety related to drifiting apart from the people I interned with at the Barn. I had an idea that I was going to be forgotten about and anxiety that people were going to hate me from not being able to move on from the Barn. Nobody hates me or has forgotten about me.(No, not even Will Porter who I thought hated me for the longest time) People have just moved on. I am not less liked by people because it took me so long to move on for the Barn. I am actually a stronger person for having gone through this situation. I understand fully that people were frusturated with me and I don't blame them at all. If the roles were reversed I would feel the same way. I realized recently that my biggest issue was moving on and I was unhappy for the longest time because I was still stuck in the past. Working at the Barn was a great experience that's for certain and I will always remember the good time I had there but it was 4 months out my summer and four months out of all of theirs. We will all share those fond memories. People have gone their seperate ways and I have actually lost touch with a majority of the people I worked with at the Barn. They all knew I was struggling with stuff related to the Barn and I hope they all eventually realize that I am doing better.
- Offstage Drama: Another significant thing I dealt with last year was stress related to drama between my group of friends at NEC. There really that much of a group anymore and that makes me sad. I beleive it is best not to dwell on this too much because it makes me frusturated to say the least. The fall out started the winter of 2009 and slowly started to get worse as that school year went along. I mostly heard the info second hand from my friends that were still at the school and was for the most part out of the loop. In the long run I feel this was beneficial because it kept my more focussed on my own life and not getting so wrapped up in trying to fix other people's problems. While I sometimes get a little sad about the split of our group I am happy that I haven't lost tough with the main people I was close to (Erin,Stacey, Cooper,Jon,James, Laura, Leanna Rae, Moriah and my boyfriend of two years Matt) Keep those who make you happy close and eliminate those who cause tension. That's the main thing I took away from this situation
- Blogging Practices: I have had a livejournal ever since I was a freshmen at NEC. I used that as main outlet to keep in touch with my friends from high school before facebook was created. Since Facebook was created I use that as a main outlet to keep in touch people and use livejournal and this blog as a secondary way to keep in touch with people. A majority of my friends from high school who have livejournals either no longer update them because they have moved on to other blogging sites or just totally deleted it all together. At this point I mainly use lj to keep in touch with a few friends from college who update their journals every once in awhile but other than that I have mostly outgrown LJ and feel it is mostly for high schoolers. I have been crossposting most of the entries from my lj into this blog with the hopes of eventually making the full transition over to blogspot and eliminating livejournal completely due to lack of purpose in keeping it updated.
- Writing: As far as my writing is concerned I have been working on compiling an anthology of poetry and short stories that I have written since my freshmen year at NEC to the present. This has been a work in progress for two years and I am hoping to complete it in January or February. Christmas was my ultimate goal but work pretty much consumes me and I am pretty busy every weekend so I have little to no time to work on it. I have been writing a lot of fan fiction which has been a new experience. I am also going to be collaborating on writing a play with my mother based on her Children's book Princess K.I.M . And The Lie That Grew. This is going to be a fun project and we are working with people at Riverbend School of Theatre Arts to get it performed there in 2012. Very excited about this!
New Years may not be til January but for me the New Year starts now. New Experiences. New Friends. New Beginnings. New Lease on Life.
No comments:
Post a Comment