Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I'm at work and i am waiting for something to do but my boss stepped out for a second and i'm waiting for him to come back so he can tell me what i need to do today...

and i wonder how many people actually still pay attention to these entries anymore and how worth it is is for me to still update this journal...
(insert comments such as " I still read this journal"... here)
Well anyways Mr 80% went off with out a hitch. I think it was the best play i've worked on so far at NEC other than the Apple Tree. The cast party was on Saturday night at Cynthia's apartment and that was a fun time. Thanks to everyone involved in the show for letting me be part of such an awesome show.. especially Jackie.

I am still hating the insane amounts of homework I have to do. It doesn't seem to be letting up either. The fact that I can't seem to come up with a good schedule it which to do it all in is a pain in the ass. Some assignments are easier to get done than others. NewEnglander for example. I am trying to write an article about the changes to facebook and what people from this school and other schools think about them but i am beginning to wonder if it's even worth to write about that anymore because I don't really know how many people still really care about that on this campus. Oh well at least I have my article on Dedication or The Stuff of Dreams done.. that takes top priority anyway. So that's one of my easier classes. I somehow fell behind in creative writing which isn't that good of a thing but it shouldn't take me too long to catch up on the work i am behind on. I still need to do a bit more research for my dramatic theory research paper and then start organzing my information and taking notes on it. Intro To Symbolic Logic is kicking my ass I really wish I could drop that class but I need it for my math credit grrrrrrr..

How much longer till thanksgiving break? Someone remind me please

I can't believe how fast this semester is flying by.. the fact that they got rid of midsemester break makes it go all the more quicker. While I don't mind the week of thanksgiving I am kind of annoyed they got rid of midsemester break because it's always good to get a break from doing homework and give your brain a rest. Course registration for next semester is already coming up. I am thinking of either double minoring in English and Theatre or swtiching the concentration of my major to public relations instead of professional writing. I will have to talk to my advisor about that when I meet with him on Friday afternoon. Basically my schedule for next semester is pretty generic because I need to take classes for my major and minor such as Inteperting Contemporary Affairs, Freedom of Speech and Short Story Workshop. They are offering this really cool class called The Disney Version which is where we compare Disney Movies to the original fairytales that were based on. That might be something I might be interested in taking since I am the biggest Disney Movie fanatic you will ever meet... I mean obviosuly who doesn't love a good old disney movie every now and then? I am also thinking of taking Directing 1 but i am not sure if that will fit into my schedule yet.

Midterms are over and boy am I glad. My stress level has been somewhat reduced but just somewhat because I still have the stress of working chapter reactions for interpersonal communications all which are due before we leave for thanksgiving break. As far as midterms are concerned i didn't really have very many. Just a presentation for interpersonal communications and a test in Dramatic Theroy. I am very nervous about how I did on my Dramatic Theory midterm I studied so hard so i am hoping all of my studying paid off. My midterm grades were 3 satisfactorys and 2 needs improvements.
Class Ratings:

1- easiest 10- hardest

NewEnglander 1

Basically this class is a breeze. I love getting credit for my articles I write about the theater shows :)

Creative Writing 3

This class is fun and i am enjoying it immensly. Kevin Harvey is awesome!

Dramatic Theory 4

I am quite nervous about how I did on the midterm we took on Wednesday but other than that this class is amazing. Yay Wally :)

Symbolic Logic 7 (this class will most likely kick my ass i just hope i can pass it) This class is kicking my ass and i am begining to become quite doubtful about passing it.

Interpersonal Communications 5

This class is interesting and i am really gaining a lot from it. Could've have done a lot better on my midterm.

Desktop Publishing 3 The material in this course was too hard for me so I had to drop it.


This weekend is midnight madness i am very excited about it It's gonna be one crazy time! HOLLA!!!

done for now

love
Janine

No comments: