Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Anxious!!

I seriously think i have an undiagnosed case of ADD. There are times when I don't have trouble focussing.... but there times like now when I can't focus because I am distracted by other things going on. Exhibit A: I should be working on a paper right now that is due on Monday but instead i am surfing the interent. Tomorrow i am going to be an antisocial hermit all day and not leave the libaray except for meals I don't want to be working on these papers at the last minute I had to deal with that last year around this time and it was not fun at all.

I am anxious for this semester to be over......... incredibly horribly bad. This semester has been long... and incredibly stressful. It's been a long and sometimes tedious four months.... I didn't really like the fact that we started school so early this year. Next semester I can breathe a little bit easier because most of my requirements for my major will be completed except for the two film analysis classes I have to take.
Fall Semester Class Ratings (1-10 1- easiest 10-hardest) and Grade Predictions
I'm pretty lousy at predicting my grades but let's see how well I do this time.
Meaning of The Moving Image 7/C/B-
This has been my most challenging class this semester. Anaylizing is not my strong point at all so the reaction papers have not exactly been my strength... they improved as the semester went along and hopefully I can pull myself out of my midsemester rut and pass with a high or low C.
Principles of Public Relations 4/B-
This class has been very interesting and very enjoyable. The reason why I decided to take it was because I enjoyed the public relations work I did at the Barn Playhouse this summer and wanted to learn more about the field so I could furthur investiage if I want to go into that field for a career after I graduate.
Madness in Literature 5/C/B-
I've struggled with some of the reaction papers we had to write on the books we read but for the most part this class was enjoyable. Out of all the books that we read this semester my favorite was Catcher in The Rye
Interpersonal Commuications 4/B
I signed up for this class late because I realized a week after classes had begun that I need it to retake it after failing it last fall. I found the material easier to understand than the first time I took it. I learned a lot about my commuications skils and where they need to be improved.
Career Development 1 (Pass/No Record)
This class was the easiest class I took all semester and it's going to be the most profitable for me because I learned a lot about skills I need to have to effectivley complete my job search.
I'm crossing my fingers for getting on deans list but we will see what happens. Hopefully that is not raising the bar too high for myself.

Next semester I look foward to the following things:
* Not having any night classes or any classes @ 8:30 am
* Dramatic Criticism class
*Going to see a play in Boston with CTE
*The play I am going to be in... my big NEC acting DEBUT!!
*Showcase. Trying to think what I want to do for it. I might try to see if I can get a few people together to sing Seasons of Love as an ensemble number if i ever get my sheet music portfolio back from Beth Boisvert.
*Spring Break in NYC with my loves Cooper, Rae and Heather. Trying to figure out which show we're gonna see between Avenue Q,Wicked (which i've seen ) and Rent. Potentially planning an intern reuinon with the people i worked with over the summer at the Barn. Not really sure if it will end up working out.

Gotta just survive this week of hell then i am at home for a month of relaxation!!
Peace love life (and christmas cheer that i'm spreading by singing loud for all to hear)
Sweet Janine

Top Rated Songs on My Itunes
This Flight Tonight Joni Mitchell
Don't Stop Believin Journey
There's No Business Like Show Business Annie Get Your Gun
Thank God I'm A Country Boy Hampton The Hampster (shamelessly)
Hey There Delilah Plain White Ts
What I Did For Love A Chorus Line
The Rum Tum Tugger CATS
Eight Days A Week The Beatles

No comments: