Tuesday, November 23, 2010

101 Random Facts about Me

Stole this from Anna (splendiloquent). Going try to try to make an attempt to list 101 facts about myself





1. I have never been to the west coast. The farthest I have traveled on the east coast is Florida


2. I'm constatnly annoyed when I'm told I look younger than I am. I'm 25 and people tell me I look like like i'm 18.


3. The non-Boston sports teams I follow are the New York Jets and The New Orleans Saints for pro teams. For colleges I follow the Syracuse Orange for no particular reason except I know two people who graduated from Syracuse.


4. My food obsessions are chocolate cheese and anything Italian


5. I went to Italy two years ago to visit family and I am a burning desire to go back. It is gorgeous.


6. In high school I was told I looked like Harry Potter quite often. I think that was because my boobs were not fully developed yet.


7. My favorite holiday is Christmas


8. I only like winter for the first month then really wish I lived some place warm most of the time.


9. I don't like Justin Bieber and can't understand how he got the top award at the AMAs when he's not that great of singer.


10. I sometimes wish NSYNC had gotten back together


11. I met Mr. Belding from Saved By Bell at a leadership conference my freshmen year of college.


12. My lucky numbers were 2 and 24. This dates back to high school because they were jersey numbers of my friends who played sports.


13. I have a collection of playbills from all the plays I have seen. I also have a small collection of autographed posters. One that I got from Jay Johnson from the HAIR cast and 4 that I got as a belated xmas gift from a complete stranger who found me on broadwayspace.


14. I had an obsession with Dr Phil for one whole summer but now find his show to be kind of boring.


15. I will miss Oprah when it goes off the air.


16. I miss MTV from back in the day when they actually PLAYED music videos. Now it is all reality tv shows such as Jersey Shore which I have heard is really stupid.


17. I was addicted to The Bachelor and Survivor when they first came out but don't really care for either show anymore


18. My least favorite sports are golf and tennis. They are so boring to watch.


19. I am happy Shaquille O'Neal is on the Celtics. He has been one of my favorite NBA players for many years.


20 I could never be a vegan because I don't think I could not eat dairy products.. some meat products I could probably do without but if I didn't have milk in my diet (and ice cream) I would not like it.


21. I think there are certain instances where the media should not be intrusive in the life of celeberties.


22. I do not like horror movies


23. I really miss college.


24. Did I mention 24 is my lucky number?


25. When I was in third grade I had the hugest crush on Michael J Fox. Now he is one of my biggest heroes because of how he has overcome his struggle with Parkinson's Dieseae.


26. The year I hated most out of my years of school was 8th grade


27. I wish the war in Afghanistan would end. It's been going for too long. I honestly don't think Osama Bin Laden will ever be found.


28. My biggest musical influence is Celine Dion.


29. My biggest Broadway musical influences are Lea Michelle (no not just because of Glee), Kristin Chenoweth and Julie Andrews.


30. I have gotten a backstage tour at a broadway show


31. I have a lot of respect for all the people I worked with at the Barn Playhouse 3 years ago and am amazed constantly by the things they have done since we've been away from the Barn.


33. Oh wait 33 was a lucky number of mine too. I don't remember the reason why though.


34. Summer is my favorite season.


35. My favorite part of fall is the foliage.


36. I hate when I have writer's block for an extended period of time.


37. If Sarah Palin wins the election in 2012 I may just move to Canada


38. In my opinion the voting system on American Idol and So You Think Can Dance are rigged. Some of the people who are truly talented leave the contest way too early.


39. I would have loved to have a teacher like Jonathan Turner on Boy Meets World


40. I can't stand the Newman's Coffee Commerical where they make fun of the Boston Accent


41. My high school track coach is in the band Recylced Percussion


42. My uncle is also in a band though I think right now they arre on hiatus.


43 One of things I miss about NEC is the awesomeness that was JFJ.


44. I am not as big of a fan of Glee as I was last season. It has not lived up to the high standards of Season 1 at all. Only 3 episodes have really stood out to me.


45 On two ocassions I have had dreams that I was in a rock band.


46. I am hope to eventually do a one women cabaret show. I have no idea when I will have time to put something like that together though.


47. My favorite musical composers are Rogers and Hammerstien


48. I died of happiness when the cast of The Sound Of Music was reunited on Oprah a few weeks ago.


49. When I was younger my favorite book series was Babysitter's Club. I always felt like I related the most to Maryann. My favorite characer was Mallory.


50. My favorite Johnny Depp movie is the Pirates of The Carribean Series


51. My favorite high school spirit week theme was definitley junior year when we did Disney.


52. I have a learning disabilitiy but I never let it define me.

53. I wear a size 7 shoe

54. My first broadway musical was Beauty and The Beast. Since then I have not seen anymore Disney musicals. I may see Mary Poppins when it comes to Boston later in the winter but I haven't decided yet.

55. Like Anna, my favorite Disney princess is also Ariel. My second favorite Disney Princess is Jasmine followed by Mulan.

56. The next Disney movie that should be made into a broadway musical is The Princess And The Frog

57. My journalistic influences are Diane Sawyer and Katie Couric

58. My favorite Disney love song is A Whole New World from Aladdin

59 My favorite non-Disney love song is My Heart Will Go On from Titanic

60. I was obsessed with random quotes from awhile. Most of my facebook quotes section used to be random quotes from my friends but I had to take some of them down to make room for other quotes

61. I was disappointed with the results of the midterm elections

62 I am for gay rights. The fact that there are people against gay marriage frusturates me a lot because sexual oriention should not be a determining factor in a relationship

63. My favorite ride at Disney World is Tower of Terror

64 I perfer the Harry Potter movies to the Twilight movies but like both book series equally.

65, I never got into the C.S Lewis books but really wish I had because the movies look amazing.

66. I joined a video gaming club for a month fall semester of my senior year and then dropped out because it didn't appeal to me. The people in the club were nice but the types of video games they played didn't interest me. I've always been more a Super Mario brothers type of person.

67. I love to bowl.

68. When I was on swim team my best stroke was backstroke.

69. I think it's a little bit too annoying when radio stations start playing Christmas songs too soon before Christmas.

70. I was always afraid of the flying monkeys in the Wizard of Oz.

71. I don't shop at Abercrombie and Fitch but have also had a weird attraction to the models on the bags

72. I don't like coffee.. or tea.. or wine. I haven't acquired a taste for any of it yet. Though I do drink tea with honey when i'm sick.

73. My confirmation name is Dominique. I picked it because it was my name in French class and I thought it was pretty.

74. I want to go Paris

75. I also have a weird obsession with wanting to go to Canada.

76. I recently read Family Ties by Danielle Steel and don't know why I didn't discover her books sooner.

77. I had surgury when I was a junior at NEC to get a cyst at the base of my spine removed. Not fun at all.

78. CATS is my least favorite musical ever! I have seen it three times in community theatre and don't understand how a play with seemingly no plot at all lasted so long on Broadway. I saw a livejournal icon once that said WTF is a jellicle and it made me laugh.

79. Generally I have a love/hate relationship with Andrew Lloyd Webber musicals. For the shows I have seen or seen the movie versions of I have found the plots to be boring the music is simply wonderful. Top 3 favorite ALW showtunes Don't Cry for Me Argentina Evita Memory CATS and Think of Me from Phantom of The Opera.
80. I was angry when Phantom of The Opera came out with a sequel
81. When I found out Elf was going to be a play on Broadway I had mixed emotions. I still wonder if it translates well to the stage
82. One thing I miss about Henniker is sitting by the river. I found it to be very relaxing,
83. I don't like spicy foods
84. My two favorite places to visit are Disney World and New York City
85. I am addicted to the show Phantom Gourmet.
86. I really want to go to Hershey PA
87. Aside from Broadway showtunes and Country music I also like Classic Rock and Oldies.
88. I am a helpless romantic
89 Romeo and Juliet is my favorite Shakespeare play. I find West Side Story is a modern day version of it.
90. I have never dyed my hair only gotten highlights once
91. I find it uncomfortable to dance in high heels
92. I have a bad sense of direction
93 I have a vision impairment and am unable to drive a car
94. I don't find tatoos to be appealing and never plan on getting one.
95. I like Wendy's better than McDonald's and Burger King combined. I find thier food to be healtier for some reason
96. I was turned off toward eating at McDonald's after seeing the documentary SuperSize Me.
97. I have neve broken any bones.
98. I don't see the appeal behind sorioritis and franternities. I almost pledged to one jr year but decided against it because I was already involved in too many activities and didn't want to add another thing to me link.
99. I got really drunk at a party and since then I only drink socially and never to get drunk.
100. When I found out Mike O'Malley who played Kurt's dad on Glee was from NH I got really excited that there is NH representation on Glee.
101 I love writing poetry. I find it the best way to express whatever emotion I am feeling.

No comments: