As I was paging through my old entries I came across a post from October 2007 when I was pondering my future. This was when my Barn Playhouse depression was in its very earlier stages... since then it has certainly had it's ups and downs but I am happy to say that I made due with my demons and put anything related to the Barn in the past. Don't know what really took me so long.
Anyway back to the reflection I am reflecting on... this refers to the entry Deep Pensivity in Danforth dated October 20th 2007. That reflection was a reflection of a previous reflection from the end of August from a conversation I jumped in on at the final brunch at Wally and Bud's at the Barn Playhouse. The gist of the coversation which Bud was having with Nic Rouleau, Will Porter and Paul Rawlings was about where they see themselves in the future. Generally speaking I have thought about this question quite a bit since that time though I think at the time the question was more so geared toward their careers in theatre.
At the time of the original reflection I was confused about my future and where I saw myself 5 10 or even 15 years from now. Now that I have been out of college for the past three years and have dealt with the horrendous economy I can happily say I am on my way to getting the life I planned for myself. Theatre always remains my true passion as does writing but I don't really think I will be able to make a living out of that. Right now I am in a job training program at St Joesph's Hospital in Nashua which is going very well. The struggle that I had in my previous jobs was that they did not really fit my skillls and then my disabiliteis came into play. This program is giving me training in different departments within the hospital. I am really hoping that the economy turns around well enough by the end of the program so I can get a full time or part time job at the hospital... I'm leaning more toward full time because I want to be able to be independant and live on my own. The downfall of Amherst is that there is no public transportation so I am hoping to move to Nashua if I get a job at the hospital after Project Search.
Theatrewise my main goal has always been to work for a public relations department for a theatre. Since my Barn Playhouse internship I had a brief internship at Peacock Players in Nashua then got a freelance writing job at the Milford Cabinet for which I am still employed. I write articles about the shows that the Milford Area Players and Riverbend Youth Company productions. It's been a good experience and I've met a lot of interesting people through writing my articles. Getting complimentary tickets to plays and going to the NH Theatre Awards are also an added benefit. Nashua is awesome because there are a varetry of theatres I could potientially do publicity for. Peacock Players, Actorsingers, Stage Coach Productions and Nashua Theatre Guild. Portsmouth is my ultimate goal for a place to live if I can make enough money to live out there.. it's really expensive to leave in Portsmouth.
No comments:
Post a Comment