Sunday, December 26, 2010

Holiday Happenings Part 2 of 2 Parties and Presents

Dec 23rd 11:41am
Lots of holiday parties to talk about in this entry...Decemeber 9th was the staff Christmas party for everyone at the hospital. I believe I mentioned this in my last entry. Lots of food not enough seatingOn the 14th I had a Christmas Party with my women's group. A new girl joined the group. Her name is Julie and shes' from Amherst. Score! Now I have someone I can carpool to the meetings with. We had a few snacks and then did a yankee swap. I first got a notepad but then I traded it for some Lindt Truffles. I have accumulated a lot of candy in the past week and I have no idea how I am going to eat all of it since I am starting to get more hardcore about my diet once the Christmas season is over. That day was also the Christmas Party for my deparment. We had a luncheon and there was a ton of food..so good. I can't go into how much food was there.Thursday the 16th Matt and I were supposed to go see A Christmas Carol at Peacock Players. As it turns out they didn't have a Thursday night show so we ended up going bowling at out to dinner at Ruby Tuesdays. As it turned out Rosemary Wojtas was our waitress. It was so great to see her again I had not seen her since high school. She's a year younger than me and we were in Choir together. I got Chicken Pasta which was great,.... though a tad fillingSunday was my family Christmas party in Boston Mass. It is one of the two times out of the year (the other being the 4th of July) that we get to see my mom's exteneded family. Craziness, Another not so good day for my diet,Wednesday all the Project Search interns went to our jobs an hour later than usual because we helped out with a Community Service Project that the whole hospital takes part in called The Christmas Basket Project. We helped put together bags of food for needy familes in the Nashua area. It felt great to be able to give back. Yesterday the job trainers and our teacher Margaret thre everyone in Project Search a Christmas party. We had a nice lunch Salad, Mac and Cheese and meatball subs. ( I chose not to have a sub) We played Bingo and Hot Portato and then decorated Christmas Cookies. To round out the party we traded Secret Santa gifts. I will be posting a whole list of gifts when I update either tomorrow or Sunday recapping events of this evening and Christmas Day Festivities.


Today

Happy Day after Christmas!I've been sick with a nasty cold since Wednesday which to my diasppointment didn't go away before Christmas. BLAH! I hafe being sick on the holidays. Thursday night we went to Everett for Christmas Eve Dinner at my grandparent's house which my uncle Steven and Aunt Sue prepared. Meal of 7 Fishes is always so good. Becaise of my diet I had to cu back on portion sizes but I was still full enough atter the meal. My cousins and I switchd back and forth between watching Grease and A Christmas Story on TV. Then my uncle suprised us with free stuff he got from NIKE. I got new workout clothes for the gym which I can't wait to wear. Yesterday Christmas day was pretty low key/ We slept in til 9:30 and then openend presents Here is my recap~ SEASON 1 OF GLEE ON DVD~ A travel pillow~A new wallet~A new calenedar book for my desk~A new overnight bag~ Sex and The City 2 DVD~Clothes~Money~A Nook Color (which is pretty cool)~ Candy from gift swap at Women's grouo meeting, ny depeartmet and Secret Santa~ A locket from my secret Santa at work~ Change of Heart by Jodi Piccout ( from my department at work.. whicn I later discoverd my mom already had)~ A new journal ( from my department at work)
~$10 Walmart Gift Card (from Heather)
~ Gift Certificate to the movies~ 2 $15 itunes gift cards (1 from my aunt and one from Matt's mom. Hopefully I can get the itunes store to work so I can actually buy music.)
After opening presents we had waffles for breakfast then watched videos of past Christmasses. It's amazing to see how people have grown and changed over the years/ I called Rae to wish her a Merry Xmas and it was so great to talk to her. She was also sick so it was good to have that in common. Hope you feel better soon my dear. I am crossing my fingers that we work out our plans to get togehter this summer.:P) We got on the road a little late to head to my Aunt Joan's house in Burlington MASS for dinner. Nice relaxing dinner. It's so good to catch up with everyone. I especially found my cousin Andrew's experence at Semester at Sea to be interesting. I had to forfeit from playing Spoons this year because I was sick and was worried about spreading my germs to everyone else. Next year I will be back in action though and hopefully I won't get eliminated in the first round like I typically do.I have been having issues with getting along with one of my friends lately (outlined in the entry ARGH which Moriah Kristen and Rae need to read at some point) I totally forgot about the issues we're having with being so wrapped up in the Christmas spirt. Hopefully she comes around and sees that she needs to start respecting me better. If she doesn't then I am not sure if I can still remain friends with her.My week this week is not very excitign so I probably won't update til next week in which I will talk about the wedding. :)

No comments: