It's been awhile since I've done an actual update so here's one in bullet list form:
Academics:
My classes are going pretty well so far. The work load is somewhat heavier than the last couple semesters combined but at least my time management skills have been somewhat better then they have been in the past couple semesters. I think that the class I like the best so far is Interpeting Contempoary Affairs. While some of the articles we've been reading have been hard to analyze for the most part they are pretty interesting. Doing the reaidng journals is a very interesting thought process . It's interesting to see how the stuff we read about in the articles can relate to my life and whatnot. We have a lot of interesting discussions in Freedom of Speech class too. The Postman reaction paper is a pain to write though. I just started to write it last night naand I hope I willl be able to get it done by Friday and that that I will get a better grade on it than I did when I had to write for media writing last year. My directed study keeps me on my toes. I'm theatre editor for the newenglander. Hopefully the theatre people will give some ideas of what I can write about for articles. The two other classes i'm taking this semester are American Lit Survey 2 and Voice Articulation and Presence in Broadcasting. Voice Articulation and Presence in Broadcasting has been an intersting class. It's the first time i've taken a first seven week course since I've been at NEC so the workload is somewhat heavier than the workload of my other classes. We had a midterm in that class last week and quite honestly I think I bombed it.
Extracurriculars:
The amount of extra curricular I am in has drascitcally cut back since last semester. I decided to eliminate the clubs which I didn't find myself very interested in and that has done wonders for my time management skills. Volleyball started last week and I am so very estacic about the season. We're going to be playing against NHTI and Colby Sawyer and scrimmaging against the John Stark high school volleyball team. We have a tournament in April @ Colby Sawyer but i see a time conflict with doing that alreafy because that's during the same weekend as Under Milk Wood and I hope it won't mess my schedule for crew hours but I don't even know the time of the tournament yet. The clubs i am still in at the moment are Henniker Review, New Englander, CTE, SEC WNEC and Volleyball. I am not sure if I am still going to do my radio show next year or not but let's jus focus on the present ,shall we. Just a reminder that my show is on the air from 1-2 on Fridays so be sure to tune in to WNEC 91.7 FM!!
I am excited about doing crew for Under Milk Wood. I am thinking about doing sound design but I haven't decided yet. I'll have to talk to Darren to see what kind of stuff he has avaiable for me to do.
Friends and Social Life outside of extracurriulars
So basically my friends continue to be awesome and stay amazing. This semester is going to be a ton of fun I have a feeling. Friday Night Movie Society in full swing and we have some pretty crazy times Friday Me, Erin, Jacci, Judy and Sondra all went to go see Norbit. That movie is the most hillarious movie I have seen in awhile.
Miscellanoues Notes
~ Tomorrow is Valentines Day and its going to suck..... again
~ We're supposed to be getting a really huge snowstorm tonight and I am sincerley hoping it will cancel classes tomorrow.
~ I am looking so foward tp , my job at New London Playhouse this summer
~ I had a meeting with the director of the New England College Press yesterday and it went pretty well. Looks like something I might be definitley look into for next semester.
~ The president of our college suddenly resigned on Thursday. When I first heard the news I was shocked because I thought he was doing a really good job.
~ Grammys on Sunday night were amazing. John Mayer is a sexy sexy man!
No comments:
Post a Comment