Saturday, April 28, 2007

Junior Year- almost over

I just feel the need to rant. I should be doing homework but my brain has already been fried from all the work i have been doing for the past couple days.

I'm sure all of you have been watching the news and have heard about what happened at Virgina Tech. The main question I have is WHAT THE FUCK is wrong with this world... with this country? I am in utter shock.. the last school shooting I remembering being discussed about in the news was Colombine which seems like forever ago. This shooting is far more worse than Colombine. The amounts of deaths and lives that were lost are amazing and I feel so bad for what the people down there have to go through. Something that makes me really mad is that it could of most likely been prevented if the teachers had taken more notice to what was going going on... or maybe if the kid who was the shooter had actually taken advice and went to counseling. What are everyone else's opinions?

The weather is finally starting to look a little brigther and it is finally starting for feel a bit more like spring! Thank the lord. Souhegan has had three flood days in a row and I hope the roads clear up soon. I blame all of the weather craziness on global warming.

This past weekend was a lot of fun. Heather came up to visit me and we had the best time ever. Friday we went to the movies and saw two differeint movies Ali, Erin, Sondra and Heather say The Perfect Stranger and me and Jacci saw Blades of Glory which was flipping amazing!! Jon Heder and Will Ferrell make an amazing comedic team. I can't wait for her to come back and visit spring weekend it's gonna kick ass because spring weekend always tends to kick ass

Speaking of things that kick ass one thing that is kicking my ass right now is school work. Everything's piling up and i'm suprirsed that i haven't had a mental break down yet. I decided not to do stage crew anymore because i just have a lot going on academically right now and I just want to focus on that so I can end this semester on a strong note... after getting two Ns on my midsemster grade report I'm going to need to end the semester on a strong note so I can keep my scholarship money for next year intact. I'm kind of annoyed that I don't know what my grade for broadcasting is. Judy posted them two weeks ago but for some reason the computer system won't let me see my grade. I am really anxious to know how that grade turned out espeically the grade on my final project that partially went to shit because of technichial difficulties. Overall this year has been my most stressful year and I can't wait for it to be over in a couple weeks.
Key factors that have made this year stressful as a whole
~ Having to get back surgury at the beginning of the year which put me behind a week academically
~ Two semesters worth of hard classes... some which potientially drove me crazy and made me want to rip my hair out ( ie Intro To Symbolic Logic; Interpersonal Communications and Broadcasting)
~ The never ending stress of being in too many extracurriculars ( good thing i've eliminated quite a few clubs so i can cut it down to the things I actually enjoy doing)
~ Boy troubles of varying degrees (Break ups and dealing with how stupid guys can be. Realizing how awesome my friends are because they were there for me to listen to me and put up with my various levels of complaining Love you all and hopefully you all know who you are)

So hopefully next year MY SENIOR YEAR (OMFG *eyes bulge out of head*) willl be seemingly less stressfull. My schedule for the fall is a pretty full course load . 5 classes plus an internship with New England College Press.
I am taking:
Mythology The God/Goddes and The Trickster
Meaning of The Moving Image (now that I know what to expect from Vicky Godwin hopefully I get on her good side and get a decent grade.. didn't do so hot in Interpersonal Communications)
Madness in Literature (Two classes with Sylva should be fun, i've never had her before)
Principles of Public Relations
Playwriting I

so since most of my classes for my major will be completed except for two or three my schedule for the spring should be a lot more relaxing. I'll probably take a few other electives maybe anothter theatre elective. It's still while til I have to think about that.


Things to look foward to in the coming weeks
* Under Milk Wood
* Spring Weekend
* Student Awards Night (Hopefully I get an award or two this year *crosses fingers*)
* Movement Concert
* Traces David show @ the Sad Cafe in Plaistow


time for proxying for my friends @ room draw and looooooooooots of homework
Peace out

Janine ( or J9 or J Lef what ever you wanna call me)

No comments: