Well folks... another school year has come and gone again. I cant believe it. I don't feel like being overly reppettive because i have already writen three very similar entries recently about how sad I am to see this year end. How much I am going to miss my friends who are graduating... i know that they will back to visit next year but it won't be quite the same as seeing them around campus everyday.
Some favorite memories with some of them include : (although i probably went through this in a previous entry as well)
* TEACH Holiday Party
* Semi formal at Daniels Freshmen Year put on by Music Club
* NACA Conference freshmen year
*Fun times in various classes I have had together with them (Freedom of Speech; Feature Writing. Way of Science though that class had its moments of bordem , Dramatic Theory and Theatre History I)
* Fun times in ISA...especiallly international night and preparing for it.
* JFJ!!!
*Halloween Party in the pub freshmen year.
*Theatre Department Christmas Party @ Keri's freshmen year. Which would be the first time I heard the song Over The Moon from Rent and I thought "WTF is this song?" To this day I still hate that song.
* Haunted Hayride
*Party for Vivian and Darren's birthday in the theatre suite Ultimate sugar high which led to leaping half way across the common room and scaring the shit out of Darren
* Working on Mr, 80% and the awesome cast party at Cynthia's that followed " Janine I love you but you can't rock out to Celine Dion."
Another door has closed on another amazing school year. I am very sad I won't be able to go to graduation but i;ll be there in spirit naturally :) I can't believe I am a senior this fall. I am totally freaking out. Where the the hell does the time go. Seems like just yesterday I was senior @ Souhegan and all of this years seniors were freshmen... and look at them now all pretty in the prom night splendor and getting ready to graduate. I'm gonna cry.. for serious. Time flies. I have no idea what I am going to after I graduate next spring. Communications is the broadest major ever and there is so much to choose from. I keep thinking of all the readings we had to do in Interpeting Contempoary Affairs about life patn and am wondering where my life path is going to lead me after I graduate. Will I end up really liking this internship I have at New London Barn Playhouse and end up choosing doing PR stuff for a theatre as a carrer? Or will I stumble upon something else that I like? Who knows? I still have a while to think about it.... a year.
Speaking of my internship at New London Playhouse I am looking so so so so so so foward to it. I have been looking foward to it ever since I found out that I got it after Christmas break and now the long awaited month is finally here. I have a feeling this is going to be the best summer of my life because I am doing something I love to do.. which is tech theatre and I will be meeting a whole lot of people from all over the US and working with professional actors. It's going to be a blast. I can't wait!!! If any of you want to come to see the shows check out www.nlbarn.com/season for a list of what shows they will be putting on so you can pick and choose what shows you want to come see. Starting at the end of the month I wil be atarting a blog for my internship on blogspot.com much like I did last year for my internship @ the Milford Cabinet. I will post the link here to it once I start it up and since nothing of interest is really happening with my summer I will probably not be updating this livejournal until school starts up again in... August... yes August the first day of classes is August 27th which means i am going to spend my birthday moving into my dorm room (room 224 in Connor Jacci Drummond is my roomie so stoked :) ) not exactly the best way to spend my 22nd birthday but there willl be many opportunities for celebrating afterwards but hey at least we finally have Labor Day off. That's the first time that's happend in my four years at NEC. That's usually when we start school and my friends from other schools are like " You start classes on Labor Day? What's up with that?" I just shrug and smile.
I am quite nervous about how my semester grades will turn out. I've given up with making deans list. That gets me far too parnoid with that to fact where its not worth it. I already know two of my grades B (Broadcasting) and C + ( Lit Survey 2) Sill waiting for three more Freedom of Speech; Interperting Contemporary Affairs and my Directed Study as theatre editor for the New Englander. My directed study should be an easy A even though some articles I wrote were better than others.. mostly the movie reviews.. I struggled a lot with those. Other than that though I think most of my articles were decent and I wrote my first play review ever which I hope everyone who was in Under Milkwood read and fully appreciated :) As you recall Freedom of Speech and Interperting Contemporary Affairs were the two classes I got Ns in on my midsemster grade report. I am hoping that I brought those grades up pretty decently because I had to make a lot of sacafices so I could bring those grades up, I had to step up my game a lot the second half of semester in both of those classes and I really hope it pays off. Two things were a pain in the butt for me the reading journals and trying to get my final papers to the apporpriate length requirement without having to bullshit what I was saying. I think both papers came out pretty nicely although my Freedom of Speech paper was 8-9/12 pages. But hey that's pretty close to 10 so I don't think that i'll get too many points taken off my grade. I just hope that all of my hard work pays off because one thing that hinges on my grades is the scholarship money I recieved thorugh Vocational Rehab. I also applied for one of the academic achivement scholarships the school was offering but I haven't heard anything about weather I got that scholarship yet... I have no idea if I was supposed to hear by now or not. *crosses fingers*
Bed time... tomorrrow is filled with lots of unpacking and doing laundry
good night my loves.
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment