Hectic seems to be the word of the moment. It just seems to sum up everything. Monday night I went to see Always... Patsy Cline and it was really good. I have been impressed so far with the shows I have seen here. Rehearsals for Annie Get Your Gun have been going well. I am not in very many scences so my rehearsal schedule isn't as crazy as some of the other people. I got to rehearsal a little bit early the other day so I was able to watch some of the scenes i am not in. Everything seems to be coming together quite nicely. This show is so much fun to be in. I am having a blast being a part of the cast. I am counting down the days til opening night and am excited. I am kind of nervous too. Can't pinpoint the exact reason why I am nervous . It's most likely because I am not used to acting on stage because besides this play and Barefoot in The Park the only other show I have been in is a play I was in high school called A Fatal Combination. I've grown so used to working back stage that I was kind of shocked when I was asked to be in Barefoot in The Park. I love being on stage just as much as I love working behind the scenes so hopefully the fact that I have been in two shows this summer will give me a confidence boost as far as audtioning for the plays at school goes. After all I only have two semesters left before I graduate so it would be cool if I got cast in a show before I graduate. That would put the cherry on the cake for my senior year... but maybe it's a tad too soon to start getting my hopes up.
When I'm not in rehearsals for Annie Get Your Gun I am busy with getting props together for the show and doing small things in order to get everything ready for the show before it opens on Tuesday. Today I was went to see the first show for The Page To Stage Players which is the Jr Intern Company here at the Barn Playhouse. I was impressed with it. :)_ I hope to help out with one of their shows before the summer ends. On the public relations side of things one of my main duties is to comb through the newspapers and find clippings and articles for the scrapbook that they put together for the archives for the theatre. I am making some extra copies for myself so I can have them for the scrapbook I am making for my internship. Today I was fitted for my costume for Annie Get Your Gun it looks good on me. This is so exciting!! :)
Let's go on with the show......
No comments:
Post a Comment