Well I am quite content right now. Annie Get Your Gun opened on Tuesday and the show has been going fantastic so far. The songs from the show are constantly stuck in my head which can serve as a good thing. Rehearsals during the days leading up to the show were hectic and busy and I was actually late to one because I was confused about where we were having rehearsal. I think my favorite number from the show is I Got The Sun In The Morning. I don't know why I get myself worked up about being nervous about being in the show doing enesemble pieces isn't the same as having solos so I don't have to be so paranoid about how I sound because I blend in with the rest of the people in the ensemble. I think part of the reason of why I was so nervous to begin with was because I am not really that used to being on stage that much. Even though I have an ensemble role it's something new and different for me because I am used to doing backstage work and have only been in one show besides the two shows I have been in here at the Barn.
Work in the office has been kind of slow lately. A few weeks ago I had to make some phone calls to the people in the ensemble to remind them about costume fittings and helping with publicity stuff for the upcoming Page To Stage Players production of The Blabber Report. I've also been doing some work on getting things organzied for the scrapbook.
For the remainder of the summer I hope to fit in as many experiences with helping out with the shows as I am able to. I want to help out with at least one of the children's shows... possibly the one that is based on my mom's book Bravery Soup. I also want to see if I can help out with sound design for at least one show before I leave to go back to school. Either The Odd Couple or CATS we'll have to see which one needs the most help.
Until next time
Janine
No comments:
Post a Comment