There's No Business Like Show Business
To this day this will always be my favorite numbeer from Annie Get Your Gun. It's the most played song from that musical on my ipod besides There's No Business Like Show Business. The chreography to this dance was pretty amazing too. <3 Brian Feehan :)
Standing Caroline Massagee, Louie Napoleone, Maggie Politi, Will Porter, Nicolina Sciascia, Colleen Fee
3 years later I still look back on this show with incredibly fond memories. Everyone in the cast was so welcoming and understanding to the fact that I was less than experienced in acting. Since we left I know that everyone has gone on to amazing things with their careers but I feel it necessary to point out that working on this show truly changed my life for the better. Is it bad that I still miss it ocassionally?
Well the summer has reached its halfway point. I can't believe how quickly time is flying. There's less than a month left before I leave New London and head home to prepare to get ready to go back to school. While there are still a couple weeks left I must admit that working at the Barn Playhouse has been one of the most fullfillimg experiences I have ever had. Us interns have almost formed a small family and when I leave on August 19th there will be a hole in my heart that will be hard to fill. But at the same time I'll smile and take back with me to NEC all the new experience I have gained and also a new confidence given to me by being in the two shows I have been cast in Annie Get Your Gun and Barefoot in The Park to auditon for the shows at school and make the audtion process more fun instead of nervewracking because instead of worrying if I'm better or worse than the next person auditioning as I have done in previous semesters I'll be able to be myself during the auditon process more or less.
Annie Get Your Gun closed yesterday and I am very sad the show is over. The cast was so nice and welcoming. The coolest thing about being part of the show was watching everything come together from what we first were learning in rehearsal to the final performance of the run last night. I've never been cast in an ensemble role before so this play was fun me because I got to create my own character throughout the entireity of the scenes I was in. Backstage got a little hectic sometimes between all the quick changes and all other various things went on. I am so happy that I got to be part of the cast for this show. Thanks to everyone in the cast for being so awesome and supportive of me. You are all talented in your own special way! :)
Not much has been going on in the office. I had to cross check the contact list for the Junior Interns the other day to make sure all the contact information was correct and have been working on the scrapbook. Yesterday I sat in on the Cabaret rehearsal. That is one of my favorite shows ever! The show looks like it is coming together nicely. I can't wait to see it next week.
Here is what my schedule is like for the rest of the summer
Office work where it comes up... working on the scrapbook and etc
Doing props work for Odd Couple
Hopefully helping out with the Junior Intern production of my mother's book Bravery Soup
and now it's Willkomen Bienvenue Welcome en Cabaret en Cabaret to Cabaret
love
Janine
Annie Get Your Gun closed yesterday and I am very sad the show is over. The cast was so nice and welcoming. The coolest thing about being part of the show was watching everything come together from what we first were learning in rehearsal to the final performance of the run last night. I've never been cast in an ensemble role before so this play was fun me because I got to create my own character throughout the entireity of the scenes I was in. Backstage got a little hectic sometimes between all the quick changes and all other various things went on. I am so happy that I got to be part of the cast for this show. Thanks to everyone in the cast for being so awesome and supportive of me. You are all talented in your own special way! :)
Not much has been going on in the office. I had to cross check the contact list for the Junior Interns the other day to make sure all the contact information was correct and have been working on the scrapbook. Yesterday I sat in on the Cabaret rehearsal. That is one of my favorite shows ever! The show looks like it is coming together nicely. I can't wait to see it next week.
Here is what my schedule is like for the rest of the summer
Office work where it comes up... working on the scrapbook and etc
Doing props work for Odd Couple
Hopefully helping out with the Junior Intern production of my mother's book Bravery Soup
and now it's Willkomen Bienvenue Welcome en Cabaret en Cabaret to Cabaret
love
Janine


No comments:
Post a Comment