Wow! It's July 31st already I can't believe how quick the past 3 months have flown by and that in three weeks I will be going home and starting my senior year at NEC. I am continously blown away by the talent of the people I am working with this summer both in senior interns and the junior interns. This internship has been the most amazing thing ever and when I leave in 17 days (almost 16) I will be sad to see it end. Let me just say that even though not a lot of NLBPers read this little blog of mine I just wanna shout out that you guys are all amazing and I am so happy to have gotten to know you all this summer. :)
Not much has been going on in the office recently so other than working on the scrapbook I haven't really had all that much to do. Things are wrapping up for the season so I try to do what I can to help tie up loose ends so the close out of the season goes smoothly.
Cabaret closed on Sunday and that show was by far one of the best ones we've done all season. I was blown away by it. The Odd Couple opens tonight and the show is actually going on as I write this entry. I am going to go see it tomorrow night and I can't wait. If Barefoot in The Park was funny this show should be equally as hillarious. The show after Odd Couple is CATS which I've seen three times before at other theatres but am looking foward to see how this company excutes the show. I love Andrew Llyod Webber musicals so I am especially excited for CATS.
Yesterday I started my shop rotation with the Junior Intern Company. The Junior Intern Company is consisted of 11-18 year old local high school students. The production they are doing is based on my mother's book Bravery Soup. Yesterday were the auditions and let me tell you something casting was not very easy. Everyone did such a good job for the various roles they tried out for. Today we did a run through of the first three scenes of the show and it's gonna be great. Assitant directing is going to be fun. It's new and different for me because I have never been in an authority status before and don't have much experience with directing. I am looking foward to seeing what the sets and costumes will look like and how it will bring my mom's book to life.
Later
Love
Janine
No comments:
Post a Comment