Sunday, August 12, 2007

Closing time every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end


Well folks..... it's August! Hard to believe 3 1/2 months have flown by so quickly and that in less then 2 weeks my senior year @ NEC will be beginning. This summer has been the most amazing summer of my life... sorry if updating this blog has been so sporadic... blame the crappy wireless internet connection in the boonies of New London.
I must admit this has been the most rewarding and fun summer experience of my life. I will be very sad when I leave on Thursday but the memories both on and off stage with my fellow Barnies have been pheonominal and I will forever cherish them.

Office work has been kind of slow since after Annie Get Your Gun ended on July 16th. I have been helping out in different capacites there whenever there is stuff for me to do. CATS opened on Tuesday and by far I think it is my favorite show out all of the shows we have done this summer... second to Annie Get Your Gun of course. The plot of this version is much easier for me to follow then the other two versions of the show I have seen done at other local theatres.
For the past two weeks my shop rotation... my final shop roation of the summer was working with the Junior Interns. The Junior Interns, also known as the Page To Stage Players are the children's theatre wing of the Barn Playhouse and is comprised of local junior high and high school students ages 11-17. The play that they put on was based on my mother's book Bravery Soup. This was a whole new experience for me because I got to assitant direct and I've never done that before. The casting process was hard because during the auditions each kid was talented at the roles which they auditioned for and it was hard to narrow the list down. Sometimes it was hard to keep everyone on task during rehearsals but it was worth it in the end. Not only did I assistant direct but I also helped out with costume design which was another area of theatre that I didn't have much experience in before arriving at the Barn. The show was on Thursday and it was absoulutley adorable. It was fun to see how things came together from the first rehearsal to the final dress rehearasl. Thank you to the junior interns for giving me the opportunity to assistant direct. You all did amazing and I will miss you all as well as the senior interns so much

Love
Janine


No comments: