Thursday, January 31, 2008

Living the busy life

Last semester of senior year is off to a stellar start despite the initial difficulty I am having with letting go of my falliing out with Will Porter. my coworker from the Barn Playhouse.
This semester is going to be hectic in all senses of the word between academics and being in/doing tech work for the Mainstage theatre production of Fuddy Meers by David Lindsay-Abaire. Auditions were on Tuesday night and went much better than I expected them to go. I find out if I get in tomorrow so wish me luck. My course schedule this semester is not as challenging as last semester was...or at least not yet *knock on wood* My top two favorite classes are Short Story Workshop and Dramatic Criticisim... hands down. Last week for Dramatic Crit we went on a field trip to the Portland Stage Company in Portland Maine to go see a production of Fully Committed by Becky Mode. The play was absoulutley hillarious and I really enjoyed it. I have to write a review for class and I will post that in here when I get the time to. The other classes I am taking are Gender and Power Roles in Media, Persuasion and Propaganda and another one credit career development course which will help me with resume writing (though i already have a pretty decent resume) cover letter writing ( I got a book for christmas that helps me out with that a little bit too) and preparing for job interviews.
Finalizations for my spring break trip to New York are in the works and i am getting so excited. . I am hoping to see Rent.. i have been dying to see that show for a very long time i am so in love with the soundtrack (minus the song Over The Moon which I absolutley can not stand)

So over all i think my last semeter at NEC should be a good one.

Peace Love Life
Sweet Janine

Top Rated Songs on My Itunes for the Month of January
Showtunes and Other Soundtracks
1. They Say It's Wonderful Annie Get Your Gun
2. Ya Never Know Little Shop of Horrors
3. Not While I'm Around Sweeney Todd (AMAZING MOVIE!!! GO SEE IT)
4. Moonshine Lullaby Annie Get Your Gun
5. Cabaret Cabaret
6. Suddenly Seymour Little Shop of Horrors
7. I'm Not That Smart The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
8. What I Did For Love A Chorus Line
9. Another Day Rent
10 Seasons of Love Rent
Country and all other genres that are not Showtunes
11. Let It Be The Beatles
12. Back In Baby's Arms Patsy Cline
13. Don't Stop Belevin' Journey
14. This Flight Tonight Joni Mitchell
15 Snowed In Kyler England
16 Music of My Heart NSYNC f. Gloria Estefan
17 Belief John Mayer
18 Sweet Caroline Niel Diamond
19 Our Song Taylor Swift
20 Teardrops on My Guitar Taylor Swift

No comments: