I need to stop living in the past so much and focus on the present. That has been a big part of my problem for a very long time. When you look at my facebook friends list you'll see that it's full of people from high school (other than my close friends of course ) that I haven't talked too since I graduated...people I worked with at Camp Allen 3 summers ago that I haven't talked too or have talked to sporadically since I stopped workig there (mostly Nick and Laura on ocassion) and various other people. I have had a sonewhat hard time letting go of the past and that has been shown more so lately with being afraid of letting go of the people I worked with at the Barn Playhouse this summer (even though that is mostly relevant to Will Porter who i've been kind of fighting with since the end of summer and now we're not speaking). As I said it's time to focus on the present and not the past... last semester I found myself in a fog most of the time because when I wasn't focussed on homework I was focussed on my fight with Will and how I felt I had messed things up between us... maybe that was all in my head ... possibly not but he's moved on and that gives me the indication that I probably should too.
so forget about the past... on to the present
As per natrual break has been boring. That's what I hate about Amherst there is nothing to do. Most of the time I have been catching up with old high school friends and beginning my search for jobs for after I graduate. Here's what i've been up to since I've gotten home from school
On December 22nd I went to a bonfire at my friend Kristen's house. It was awesome because I saw a ton of friends from high school that I had not seen since I gradauted or since they graduated since a majority of the people there were either in the year ahead of me or two years ahead of me.
Christmas and New Years was spent with family. Mom's side for christmas eve at my house. Meal of 7 fishes= delicious as always. Christmas Day was with my dad's side at my aunt Joan's house in Burlington which natually included an intense game of Spoons.. the top rated group card game other than Mafia. A couple days after Christmas I went to see two awesome movies Natuarl Treasure Book of Secerts with Thomas Rossi and Sweeney Todd with Heather and Autumn. Sweeney Todd was amazing! I was surprised by the fact that Johnny Depp could actaully sing. I highly reccomend both movies if you are looking to go to the theatres to go see a movie. New Years I went to a bonfire at my mom's friends house which was fun.
After the holidays have been somewhat uneventful. I went to work for my dad for a couple days at his yard equipment rental office in Milford. I also took a day trip into Portsmouth on Sunday with my parents and Heather to get a feel of the town. I absolutley positiviely love it there and hope to move there eventually after I graduate. Goodbye Amherst!!!
School starts again soon and I can't wait to go back. This semester is going to be incredibly busy for me. I have a full course load 5 classes but most of them are electives which is good.. my brain can relax from doing strenous work for graduation requirements for my major. I am looking most foward to my Dramtic Critcism class. I mean obviously who wouldn't love a class where you go watch plays and write reviews about them? :) I am also looking extremely foward to the play i am going to be in this semester, going to New York over spring break and my suprise act that i'm organizing for a talent show that my theatre department puts on at the end of April.
Updating this blog this semester will be quite sporadic but i will try to update it as much as I possibly can.
Sweet Janine
No comments:
Post a Comment