2008 has arrived! 2007 was a whirlwind of a year that's for sure. I was one so many emotional rolllercoasters it isn't even funny. Especially last semester because of my fight with Will. I've realized all of my errors with that... I may not be able to go back and change them but what I can do is learn from the mistakes I made throughout the course of time we've been fighting and not repeat them in the future. A trend that i've had issues with outgrowing is that I cling on too much to people... that has been a problem of mine since the end of 8th grade. The same thing happened in the situation with Will and if I had selectively chosen to change the way that I acted things would be different now (hence we'd be talking to each other) Hopefully we'll be friends in the future. Who knows what could end up happening.
This is a definining year for me. So many things I can see are going to change. I am graduating from colllege on May 10th. That's gonna hit me like a ton of bricks. Once I walk across that stage and recieve my degree in commuincations school will be over FOREVER!!! Grad school isn't in my cards yet i'm not sure if it's ever going to be. The key thing for me to do this semester is to live every moment of the semester for what it's worth and enjoy spending time with my friends. I have been doing research for jobs and I have decided what I am going to do.
Live at home for a year and work in the area then eventually move to Portsmouth and get an apartment with my best friend from high school Heather. I am considering working for a newspaper or a magazine because writing has always been a passion of mine. As has technical theatre. Working at the New London Barn Playhouse this summer opened my eyes to doing Public Relations work for a theatre. I enjoyed each aspect of the internship thoroughly the PR work,the tech work, acting in two shows with some amazingly talented actors and actresses who are clearly going to go places... I can honestly picture some of them being on Broadway someday and assitant directing a children's theatre play based on one of my mother's children's book. I've had a bit of a hard time moving on from the Barn Playhouse because I've been kind of worried that I'm going to forget the memories I had there this summer and that the peoplee I worked with are going to forget about me. Innocent as that sounds I think it kind of sounds childish because memories will always live on and if I ever happen to cross paths with anyone I worked this summer then we'll always have those memories to remnicise on and laugh about. WHIP IT GOOD!! :)
So this break will be mostly filled with catching up with high school friends and doing research about jobs. When I get back to school I am going to have almost no social life at all. It will be good to be busy because there were sometimes where I felt like I slacked off a lot.. and my grades somewhat reflected that. I will be busy with classes homework and being in a play at school. More details on what show to follow later I am so excited about being in my first show at NEC it should be a blast!
Peace Out! It may be a long time before I update again just to warn those who actually read this
Sweet Janine
PS if you are looking to see a good movie I HIGHLY RECCOMMEND Sweeney Todd
No comments:
Post a Comment