Monday, November 2, 2009

The year has flown by

It's November already. This year has flown by way too fast. It's hard to beleive Christmas is a month and 25 days away and that soon after that it will be 2010. Wow!



Something has been deeply concerning me since the beginning of the year.



My friends at NEC are most definitley a second family to me. Throughout my four years at the college they have helped me through a lot... espescially senior year which was the hardest year emotionally in so many ways. My circle of close friends has kind of drifted apart due to drama that has arisen in various situations since I graduated. I FULLY UNDERSTAND I have no control at all over what goes on since I no longer go to the school but basically the group is pretty split down the middle. It makes it next to impossible to plan parties because there are so many people in the group that no longer speak to each other. It is really frusturating. When I went up to and still continue to go up to NEC to visit it seems hard to see everyone all at one time. It is frustuting because we should not be letting immature drama affect our friendships and yet we are doing that. It is not the best way to handle things. Drama should not dominate or dictate situations or friendships.



I wish the clock could be turned back and things could be reverted back to the way they were before I graduated when there was no tension and no drama. That's kind of imposible at this point but it's really a wish that I wish with all my heart could be granted because I miss everyone and truly miss the way things used to be and all the fun times we all used to have together.

Felt the need to get that off my chest... moving on.

All my hard work in Speech and Language Development really paid off and once again I caused myself academic anxiety for no reason. I got a B-! I am so pumped. I have new faith in myself now to continue withe the major. I feel nothing can stand in my way now. I am probably not going to sign for January classes until the last minute because I am applying for an internship program at St Joseph's Hospital. The compettion for the program is tough because there is only one adult spot open/ I really hope I get called back for an interview and that it goes well.

My uncle and aunt came to visit from New Jersey a few weekends ago. It was very nice to see them again. I hadn't seen them since August when I went to NJ for Violet's Christening. On Saturday Matt and his mom as well as my uncle Steve and Aunt Sue came over for dinner. We had a soup and pizza fest. So awesome!! :) This weekend Cooper came to visit and we went to Heniker to go see the CTE Play Seasonal Help which was one of the best CTE Plays I have seen in awhile. We met with Leanna and Laura for dinner before the show and I learned of more drama that has happened recently. I try to distance myself from it as much as possible because it frusturates to no end whatsoever. As I stated at the beginning of the entry I know I can't get involved in what is going on because I don't go to the school anymore and have no control over what happens between people. I just wonder if people realize how much this behavior is really affecting everyone else in the group. It is really a shame that there have been so many rifts made in the relationships of others that affect the overall cohesiveness of what WAS such a tight knit circle of friends.

and all I can do in this situation is wonder...

No comments: