Thursday, October 22, 2009

Crossroads

So tonight was my final in Speech and Language Development. I am happy that the class is over because I found the work to be very time consuming. The topic matter was very interesting and I definitley gained a new knowledge and appreciation for language and how it is formed. I am crossing my fingers that I did well on my final because the grades on my previous exams (midtem , a&p quiz a&p quiz retake) were not that great. I am hoping also that the grade on my presentation I did on Tuesday willl help to boost my grade at least a little bit.

Right now I find myself at a crossroads. Clearly from I have struggled in the past two Speech and Language Pathology classes I am not really sure if this is the right path for me to go down. One of the main things that I want to do is find some kind of way to make a difference in life of children with disabilites and I figured Speech and Language Development would be the perfect way to do that since I had a speech disorder when I was younger but overcame it due to working with a speech and language pathologist.Figured I could make the same type of difference in a child's life that the speech and language patholigist I had when I was younger did for me. I did not expect to be bombarded with so much information all at once both from this class and the class I took over the summer. It was a lot for me to take in and catalog in my brain. Especially all the medical terminology. I feel like I have let myself down in a huge way because I wasn't able to get a good grade in these course.
As I said right now I am at a crossroads because I do not know if going back to school is even the best option for me right now. I was considering switching my major to Medical Coding and not taking classes again til January but I might end up deciding to totally bypassing school all together because I need money to pay for the tuition and I can't afford it right now. I feel like it would be better if I just focussed on getting more skills in the workplace so I can eventually get a job in the field I got my degree in at NEC.

So much to think about it.. right now it's time for bed. Working at Target 11-3 tomorrow so I neeed my beauty rest.

Janine

No comments: