I had an entry that was posted in my livejournal that I was trying to copy and paste but for some reason my computer isn't letting me copy and paste
Two weeks ago there a tragic event that happened at Rutgers University in NJ. Tyler Cliemente, a freshmen student committed suicide. He was gay and his roommate posted a video on him having a sexual encounter with another man. This is disgusting to me. It is already so hard to fit in this society and being gay doesn't make things any easier. Bullying has been a hot topic issue in the news for a year and this issue also can relate to that because people can be bullied for many different things. In general I think people need to have more of an open mind towards gays and realize that aside from their sexual orientation they are not much different then their straight counterparts.
Wear purple on Wednesday in honor of Tyler and other gay teens who have died recently because of being bullied. We all need to support the LGBT community and let them know that they are accepted in the society.
No comments:
Post a Comment