Monday, October 4, 2010

Remembering the good times as they rolled Alumni Weekend 2010

Me and my literature professor Sylva
Me and Amanda Radell -volleyball teammate

A Sqauared



Matt and Marissa Porri


Me Matt Laura Hachez and her boyfriend Joe




Just The Girls
L TO R Erin Ryan, Gina Fusi, Erica Lebel (11) Me,
Erin Ludwig, Nikki Provennzanno





Erin and Coop






Me Nikki and Coop






Erin Nikki and Me











Couldn't wait a week to update about the epic fun that was Alumni Weekend.. so thus here is my update

Three words describe Alumni Weekend this year BEST TIME EVER!!! The weather was gorgeous! Matt and I got up to NEC at 11:30 and then met Cooper and walked down to the Turf Field (which used to be the parking lot behind West Residence Hall) for the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony. The field was dedicated to Don Melander an english profressor who recently retired. It was a very nice dedication ceremony. We then walked to the Simon Center Lawn for a bbq. I had to make a quick diversion to the Pharmacy to get a throw away camera because my digital camera decided not work. Hopefully the pictures come out good. I tend not to have very good luck with taking pics with disposable cameras. The bbq was delcious and it was so nice to see Erin and Nikki and catch up. HELL it was nice to see everyone. I got to see so many people I havent seen since I graduated the list includes

Amanda Clair

Amanda Radell

Emily Mills

Amy Storthz

Erin Ryan

Nikki Provenzanno

Erin Ludwig

Cooper

Jon

Chris Meli

Christina Yen was also apparently there though I didn't see her. Matt and I figured it would be better off if we avoided her. I personally did not see her once the whole time we were there so I wondered if she was even there at all.

After lunch we walked up to the square to go see live music and an exhibit at the Art Gallery. Saw a couple of my former professors and it was nice to see them. We then headed back down to the turf field to go watch the Women's Soccer game vs Roger Wiilliams. We left at half time because the game was uninteresting. We left Henniker at 4:30 and then went to the Homecoming Game at Souhegan. Talked to Joey Abis at lenght. I asked him about the audition process for the PTA Play and he said it's realtively laid back. I feel less intimiadated about auditioning now . I am actually more excited then nervous. Gives me something to look forward to after Christmas.

Alumni Weekend was the best! I can't wait til next year. Pics to come later.
TOP 10 Favorite NEC Memories
1. Movie Nights
2. Theatre shows and epic cast parties
3. B15 (Inside joke between me Rae Erin Gina and Moriah loven_rock that came out of a bingo night in the great room)
4. Midnight Madness
5. Spring Weekend (all four years though senior year was the best one)
6. Erin's bday party where we went to Fridays and sang La Vie Boheme at the top of our lungs.
7 Freshmen Year NACA Conference
8. JFJ concerts
9. Awesome sports games
10 Awesome SEC Events
:)
Later
Janine

As a brief additional note today is the one year anniversary of the murder of Kim Cates. My prayers are with the Cates family always as they continue to deal with the loss.
Next update: November 1st. Lots is going on between now and then so this entry will be nice and juicy!
Saturday Sports Scores
High Schools
Football
Manchester Central 21 Souhegan 12
Kearsarge 50 Campbell 14
Proctor Academy 35 Hyde (ME) 0
Catholic Memorial 26 BG 14
Girls Soccer
Hanover 1Souhegan 0

Colleges
(if two teams I follow play each other the winning team will be bolded and the losing team will be italalicized)
Football
Penn 35 Dartmouth 28
AIC 17 Bentley 14
Maine 16 UNH 14 OT
Plymouth St 17 Nichols 0
Merrimack 52 ST As 14
Bates 21 Tufts 20
Field Hockey
AIC 2 Franklin Pierce 0
Babson 9 WPI 0
Daniel Webster 1 Wheelock 0
NEC 7 Gordon 2
Keene St 4 Western Conn 0
Plymouth St 10 Eastern Conn 0
Southern Conn 4 ST AS 0
Tufts 7 Bates 1
Men's Soccer
AIC 1
Merrimack 0
WPI 1 Babson 0
Keene St 1 RI College 0
Roger Williams 1NEC 0
Women's Soccer
AIC 1 Southern Conn 0
Babson 2 WPI 1
Keene St 8 RI College 2
Roger Williams 3 NEC 1
Tufts 1Bates 0
Wellsely 1 Springfield 0
Sunday Score :UNH 2 UMBC 0
Tennis
Babson 6 Smith 3
Plymouth St 8 UMASS Boston 1
Roger Williams 6 Endicott 3
Wellsely 7 Clark 2
Volleyball
AIC
3 Assumption 0 AIC 3 Michigan-Dearborn 2
Colby Sawyer 3 Salve Regina 1
Rochester Tech 3 Keene St 1
PlymouthSt 3 Johnson and Wales 2 Plymouth St 3 Smith 0
Rivier 3 Albertus Magnus 0 Rivier 3 Norwich 2
Roger Williams 3 Colby Sawyer 1 Roger Williams 3 Salve Regina 1

Hockey
Mens
UNH 3 St Francis Xavier 1 (Exhibition Game)
Womens
UNH 2 UCONN 1

No comments: