So another birthday has come and gone as has another year in this jounrey we call life. I can't beleive I am finally 21. Where has all the time gone? I'm still in shock... just generally speaking!
Last night I went out to Jillian's in Manchester with a bunch of my friends. It was a ton of fun. It was nice to see people I haven't seen in a while or people who I haven't seen very much of this summer. Jillian's is cool becaiuse there is so much to do there. They have pool tables, air hockey and video games. They even had DDR but it was a different version of it than I am used to playing so it was a bit harder. I got a ton of cool presents too which was awesome. Thanks to everyone who came to my party you made my 21st night very memorable. I will never forget it.
Today my family came over for a barbeque. I wish the weather had been a little bit nicer but other than that I was a good time. My aunt just got back from Italy so we got to see pictures from their trip and pictures of my family's house in Italy. It's so pretty I can't wait to go there and visit them.
Good birthday all around! Thanks again to everyone who made it memorable! :)
Well I head back to Henniker on Tuesday for Orientation Leader Stuff Part 2 and helping the freshmen move into their dorms. I seriously can't wait to get back to school. This year is going to be a total blast and the fact that I am 21 adds extra incentive because now I can go out to the bars with my friends on the weekends. Party like a rock star and kick a little ass if you know what I'm saying. :)
This semester is going to be harder than the past two as the intenstiy of my course load gets relativiely harder. In order to achieve my ultimate goal of getting on Deans List this semester I have to take extreme focus and really buckle down on my homework as soon as I start to getting it. Last fall I had a huge and i mean huge problem with time management skills. Balancing homework on top of all the meetings and events I was going to was a bitch and needless to say when the semester ended there were grades for a few classes that I wish had been a lot better than they had essentially turned out. Last semester was better time management wise but I still ended up being disappointed with certain grades for certain classes because I knew I could've done better in them, especially my writing classes. I already know that a few of my classes this semester are going to be really hard and I will have to work harder in those particular classes to get a good grade or just to pass in general. Intro To Symbolic Logic is a key one to do well in since that is counting as my math credit. In order to reach ultimate sucess there are a few things I have to do.
*Find a good balance between doing homework and having fun to reduce stress levels
* CUT BACK ON THE AMOUNT OF TIME I SPEND ON FACEBOOK MYSPACE AND LIVEJOURNAL!!
This doesn't mean I won't be updating livejournal but homework has to take top priority. My mom has already warned me about this and has threatened to take away facebook and myspace. This is mostly due in part to the fact that I spent every waking moment when I wasn't at work on myspace or facebook (or onetruemedia updating my slideshows) and she doesn't like that i spend so much time on both of these websites. This means when school starts I will most likely be updating my livejournal once or twice a week or on the weekends depending on when I have time to get online. As far as myspace and facebook go I'll check both sites every so often during the week but will respond to commments on weekends.
* Cut back on the amount of clubs I am in so i can balance my time more effeciently.
Last year I found myself to be in far too many clubs for my own good. That was bitch for my schedule. Rushing around to meetings and trying to balance that and going to events on top of my homework.. Last year I was in 10 clubs on campus. As of now I currently in about 5 or 6.
The ones I had to drop out of were..
RHA
ISA ( well i haven't decided if i am quitting that yet but i am most likely going to)
Student Senate
Radio ( I'm indecisive about this one too because I am not sure if I am going to be able to to fit doing my radio show in between work and homework so I might end up not doing it just for this semester and pick it up in the spring)
and the ones that get to stay because I can't live without them because awesome people are in them....
TEACH
CAB
Henniker Review (though there reallly aren't any meetings for that.. or at least none that I was aware of last semester)
Volleyball (gotta stay in shape dontcha know? :) )
CTE ( Well, you all know how my decisicon to stay in this club has fluctuated over the past few months but for the most part I'm most likely sticking with it YAY)
New Englander
I am also considering starting up a poetry club. I am not sure how many people will join it or hard it will be to find an advisor for it but I am going to give it a shot and see how things work out. I am also considering joining yearbook because I was involved with that kind of stuff a lot in high school and I loved it. I actually don't really know if they even have a yearbook at our school. Last year I wanted to join but they never put signs up anywhere for meetings. We'll see what happens with that I guess.
I'm peacing out for now
Janine
No comments:
Post a Comment