Friday, March 31, 2006

Game Winning Point

Well my volleyball game last night went suprisingly well. I really underestimated myself and was nervous for no reason. We played four matches and lost all four of them but the last one was pretty damn close. I scored theree points in the fourth game on a few excellent serve. It's amazing if i hadn't scored the game winning point in the volleyball game we played at Dominic's birthday party last summer i probably would have never even thought to join the volleyball team in the first place. Who would'a thunk that this music geek who was in chorus and theatre in high school could totally change her tune and become athletic? That just shows how much interests can change over the course of two years. I've been going on and off all year with thinking about quitting theatre I go into spasms where I want to quit and spasms when I don't want to quit because while I may not make any of the shows I still have two more years left to get into shows so maybe I souldn't totally give up yet. On the opposite side of the coin doing showcase is a lot of fun but after this semester I am not totally sure if I still want to do it anymore because of the fact that as I have stated in a previous entry ( can't remember which one) where I said that I really don't have that much talent aside from writing poetry. I can't sing and i'm not all that great of a dancer.. well we'll see how chorographing the dance with Alexis for the showcase in May goes (whenever that is, Vivian hasn't set a date yet) I'm kind of excited about that because it will push my comfortable limits a bit.. cuz that's what life is all about pushing one's comfortable limits and thinking outside the box. It's amazing how the Souhegan mission statement rings so true after two years of being out of high school. Well before I go off on too much of a tangant I'll go back what i was talking about.. was that even a tanagent .. i don't know but anyways..... Yeah i don't know about the whole sticking with theatre thing next year. For some reason I kind of sense it getting a little bit old maybe because I've been doing theatre related stuff since high school wheater it be backstage crew for plays at school or theatre camps in the summer.. god lots of good memories from that and Jared Nathan omg what a dreamboat... haha there i go with digressing again. I don't know I honestly get stuck sometimes with wheather or not I still want to stick with it.. I have so much fun with my theatre friends and really enjoy hanging out with them and I've grown a lot closer to lots of them this year... well maybe not lots of them but quite a few of them and they know who they are but honestly I think i'm ready for a change because I got a different feeling out on the volleyball court than I ever did when I auditoned for any play i've audtioned for.. I can't explain it really.. it's just a new type of energy i guess. This kind of a weird feeling for me because I was never the athletic type in high school at all. I was more of the superfan.....more of what I still am today but I never actually was part of team... I played soccer when I was younger and was on a swim team one summer but other than that sports were not really my thing...not in the least bitHopefully if any of my friends from theatre read this they won't get to upset with me.. though i can't quite see why they would.

No comments: