Tuesday, November 27, 2007

More reflections about where my future could poteintially lead me

I am taking a class this semester called Carreer Development. It wasn't one of my favorite classes I took this semester but in the same regard it was one of the easiest. Since I am constantly thinking about what i am going to do with the rest of my life I figured I would post my final paper for that class in this blog to give you readers (whoever even reads this) insights on what i want to do with the rest of my life.


At this time I am not totally and completely sure what I want to do for a job after I graduate. I have had many experiences over the past couple of summers that could point me in the direction of a possible career but nothing is set in stone yet. These jobs have included working as a theatre camp counselor at The Souhegan Valley Boys and Girls Club in Milford NH, interning at the Milford Cabinet in Milford NH and working at the New London Barn Playhouse in New London,NH as a publicity and technical theatre intern. Writing and technical theatre have been passions of mine for quite a long time. Writing since I was in junior high and tech theatre since I was in high school. The thing I enjoy the most about technical theatre is the sense of pride I get with the knowledge that I was able to help in putting together a theatrical production in various behind the scenes aspects. What interests me the most about this field is the fact that my continuing curiosity is fostered in various aspects of technical theatre whether it be sound, props, set design or lighting design.
The camp job at the Boys and Girls Club and the internship at the Barn Playhouse helped to combine my two passions of writing and technical theatre. When I worked at the camp counselor I got experience as both a director and scriptwriter helping the campers writer a play that they performed for their families at the end of the summer. At the Barn Playhouse I wrote copy for radio commercials as well press releases for the plays and assistant directed a children’s play that based on my mother’s book Bravery Soup.
Throughout these various experiences I have had I have gained insight to possible jobs I could have after I graduate. Now we just have to see where my intuition will lead me.

No comments: