This weekend was homecoming weekend at NEC. My best friend Alli from NEC came to visit me for the weekend and it was so great to see her. Friday morning I did homework and then Matt came @ 3:45 and we went to go get Ali at Manchester Airport. After we picked up Ali we went out to dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse. I got fried shrimp... maybe not the best choice for the diet I am supposed to be on because the last time I went to the doctors my cholesterol was a little high. After that we went to Souhegan to watch the football game. It is so different to be going back to SHS to watch any type of event after having been out of that school for five years. Mostly because the last of the people that I knew graduated the year I was a freshmen at New England College and the only people I know who still go there are my sister and all of her friends. The game was pretty good.. though by the end of the third quarter it was clearly obvious that Souhegan was going to win the game but at least it wasn't a total washout like the last game when Souhegan won 48-0. Yesterday I had to work and it was pretty much a day in reveiw because I got trained to work in the fitting room and since I have done that at Marshalls and TJ Maxx it was pretty self-explanitory and easy training though there were a few new things that I learned. After work Matt Ali and I headed up to Henniker. We missed the barbecue by about 10 minutes so we went to Sonny's Main Street Pizza for lunch... made a somewhat better food choice and got pasta alfredo with brocolli. The weather was really crummy and we estimate that that is why the attendance was so low. Most of the people in my immediate group of friends had to work but I got to see a lot of people I hadn't seen in awhile. After hanging out in the pub and catching up with old friends we went to the fieldhouse for the Rennisaince Fair which was where a few clubs had tables set up selling things and local artists were selling their artwork. There was also a magician but we just caught the end of his show. Since it was family weekend I didn't get to see a lot of my friends who still go to school there since they were doing stuff with their parents but I will mostly likely see them in a few weeks when I got up to see the Carriage Theatre Ensembe play Seasonal Help. Being at NEC definitly flooded me with a lot of memories from my time there from movie nights to theatre shows from Spring Weekend to March Madness from performances in the coffeehouse to comedians, I miss the people I went to school with moreso then the town of Hennker. A lot of stuff haschanged since I left.. especially a much needed update to the Simon Center Cafe in terms of food and ambience. I have yet to try the food though. I will have to do that the next time I go up there at the end of the month. Aside from the weather Alumni Weekend was awesome and I can't wait til next year. After driving home in what seemed like a torriential down pour we went out to dinner at Red Arrow Dinner.. hot dogs and beans for dinner and a small taste of Ali's Mac and Cheese. I feel like I should have gotten something a lot healthier then a hot dog. I don't even eat hot dogs a lot except during the summer at barbecues.
In other news.. I have been so stressed out because of my class at the tech college. I have realized since my last entry that the course material is way too over my head. I have decided not to continue with the major. There goes one dream out the window but it's better to give up now because the classes will just continue to get harder. It may not be in my best interest to go back to school right now. At this point I am completley confused about the path I should take. I may consider going back taking the rest of the semester off and then take medical coding classes in January but I am leaning closer and closer toward just focussing on work for the time being so I can pay back my loans from New England College. My job at Target is off to a fabulous start. I am really liking it so far and meeting a lot of new people.
That's it for now.
Love
Jamine
No comments:
Post a Comment