Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas is coming Christmas is coming

It is finally my favorite time of year.. the time for carols and eggnog (which I never drink) and hot cider and cookies and laughter and joy and LOVE.... CHRISTMAS!

Since my last update I have been mostly consumed by work between Target and writing not one but TWO Milford Cabinet articles.. money in the bank! I was very happy that I got all my shopping done before Black Friday though as I started to do my wrapping this morning I noticed that one of the clothing items I brought had a run in it and I need to return it BUT I lost the receipt somehow so I hope the store will still be able to take it back.

Thanksgiving was deloverly! We had a bit of an issue with getting out of the house on time but were still able to catch the final 20 minutes of cousin Cameron's last football game of his high school career. Unfourtnately they were defeated 20-6. We then went to my aunt's house for Thanksgiving dinner stopping at my grandfather's house for appetizers right after the game which is five minutes down the road from my aunt's house. Biggest crowd ever this year at my aunt's house 30 people! Pretty crazy definitley a lot of fun. :) I worked at Target on Black Friday.. not so much fun! I was so stressed out the whole day for various reasons and I was happy to have a much less stressful shift respetively on Sunday and Tuesday. Saturday night I went to the Christmas Stroll in Nashua with Matt and we met up with Sonya. We went out for Ice Cream and then went to Peacock Players to see an improv show which was hillarious.

Next weekend is the busiest weekend ever Matt and I are planning on going two plays (though that might end up getting cut down to one because of budget) and next Sunday is my family Christmas party in Wakefield Mass I am so excited. :)

One thing which is currently causing my considerable stress is what else but money? Matt and I are hoping to go visit my friend Rae in New Jersey during her spring break at the beginning of March and take her to a Broadway show as part as a belated 21st birthday present (her birthday was Sept 24th) but money may be an obstacle. I don't know at this time what the total will come to but at least we won't have to pay for a hotel because Rae and her parents invited us to stay with them. I am so excited about staying at Rae's house! :) We're considering driving down to NJ which will also save us some money but I think it would be easier if we either took the train or the Peter Pan bus. I have gotten pretty good deals for the Peter Pan bus for the last two trips for New York I have gone on. Then there is whole issue with paying for the play tickets and going out to eat after the show. The theatre district has some pretty expensive resturants in in from previous research I have done trying to plan reunions with my Barn Playhouse friends who live in the city. Play tickets can be pretty expensive too but I am hoping we can get some kind of discount on the tickets. My parents think I am being unrealistic by wanting to go but I disagree. I understand fully that I have to consider paying back my loans from NEC which I am not exactly looking forward to doing but it has to be done. I think I can find enough of a balance between the money I need to use to pay my loans back and the money I plan on using for the trip which really won't amount to much in the end if we end of driving down and since we are staying @ Rae's house. Hopefully everything will end up working out because I haven't seen Rae in such a long time and I am looking so forward to seeing her again. :)

No comments: