Sunday, April 11, 2010

Being critical and transitiosn

Two totally unrelated discussion topics in this entry.. that's okay though this blog is all about my random thoughts.

I am definitley more critcial of myself. I think part of maturity involoves moving on and stopping comparing myself to other people I did that a lot at NEC in terms of my grades and it made things more stressful for me because I felt like I was in compettion with everyone to get straight As and I never felt compleltly fullfilled. Keri Racicot pointed out to me at one point that what you learn from a class should be important than the grade you get. She is right. If I had that mindset throughout my educational career at NEC I would have made things a lot eaiser for myself.

Livejournal Writer's block Question Apr 8th : Do you find yourself more critical of yourself or more critical of others?

The past two years have been a transitional period for me between dealing with my Barn Playhouse depression and dealing with alll the drama from all my friends from NEC and the eventaul dissovle of my group of friends that was more like a second family to me. That split was been discussed in a few earlier entries. As I have previously said it would have been so much easier for me if I had distanced myself from the drama that was happening at NEC in the beginning and found out about after everything took place once everything had happened. Then I would not have had to deal with the stress of getting emails from people about problems that did not concern me.. I found that to be the most obnoxious part of this whole situation and I can kind of see where my friends from the Barn Playhouse are coming from when they said they got annoyed with me for sending so many repettive emails about stuff related to the Barn Playhouse. It's funny how two unrelated things can link together so fundamentally.

This weekend Matt and I went to Maine and met up wth Jon Cooper and Jon's friends from church to go bowling. Jon's church friends seemed nice and I hope to do more stuff with them whenever Matt and I venture up to Maine. We went to the mall yesterday and I brought the A Little Night Music soundtrack which I can't wait to listen to. I also brought Season 1-4 of American Idol on DVD which was on sale used for $2.99. Over lunch Jon Cooper Matt and I discussed at length how split apart our group of NEC friends has gotten in the past year and a half. Pretty much the same discussion that we had with Leanna and Laura before the CTE show a week ago. It was a mutual agreement between the four of us that NEC does not feel the same to us when we visit there mostly because people's immaturity has split our group of friends apart and we can no longer meet up with everyone like we used to. We decided it is best to focus on the people from NEC who we still talk to and open up our group to new friends like Sonya and Jon's friends from church. The last time I plan on going to Henniker this semester is for the Movement Concert on May 8th. Other than that for the most part me and Matt have come to the ultimate decision that we're only going to go up to NEC for alumni events and that will be the extent of how often we go up there. I joined a facebook group that plans events for people who just graduated college. Hopefully this will be a good way to meet new people and expand our circle of friends.

No comments: