So I have considered going back to school at NEC for grad school for Professional Writing. Classes would not start til next fall after Project Search is over. I feel like one of the main reasons I want to go back to school is to feel a void in my education. I want to learn more about writing and what I can do with my passion for writing. The price tag is pretty high and that is the only issue that I see getting in the way. I feel like it would be easier for me to get jobs in my field if I had better skills in writing. Not to say my writing skills are weak but they are not impeccable either. My main goal with my communications degree is to get a job doing public relations work for a theatre. That is what I did when I interned at the Barn Playhouse three summers ago and I absolutley loved it. If you go to my theatre blog you will see some examples of some reviews I have written for the Milford Cabinet.
I think right now the best thing to do would be to focus on what's ahead of me. Project Search starts in September. That's a job training program at St Joe's Hospital. I am hoping to gain experience in the medical field from this program. Perhaps it would be wiser to go back to school to study something related to the medical field once I get a job at the hospital after Project Search is over. Who knows I may end up holding of a few years to do grad school at NEC to see if Professional Writing is something I definitley want to do or if my focus should be something related to the hospital.
OH, life is filled with so many options.
No comments:
Post a Comment