Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Livejournal WB Uplugged Topic Born This Way

So this technically could go in either this blog or Theatre Is My Life because it related to the Grammys... I chose to post it to this blog though because it doesn't get update qute as much as Theatre Is My Life... plus this blog is more for discussion type topics and the main focus of my Theatre Is My Life blog is supposed to be related to plays I go to see

I am in a community on Livejournal called WB Unplugged. I have posted a few of my writer's block question responses in this blog but WB Unplugged mostly focusses on more mature content and allows people who answer the question on a deeper level of thought. Most of the regular writer's block questions tend to ask the same questions over and over only in differnt format and that can get pretty boring and repettivie after awhile.. this is why I tend more toward answers the WB unplugged questions.


Anyway the WB Unplugged question from yesterday focussed on Lady Gaga's new song Born This Way and the message they think it is trying to portray about sexuality. Depending on what people think of the song they could have a very different viewpoint of its message.

Generally speaking I am pretty a open minded person. I think the song is trying to give the message that people should be more accepting and respetful to people who are gay/bi/lesbian and understand that they love who they love. I am straight. I was in the gay straight alliance when I was at NEC and I learned a lot from being in that club about how people who are gay/lesbian/bi/transgendered all have the same types of feelings straight people do when it comes to love but it's who they love that comes in to question. In the big scheme of things that shouldn't matter too much.. this is why the debate over gay marriage is so frusturating to me.

I guess it's a civil rights thing...only far different than what the blacks dealt with in the 60s.


As for the song itself I'm not sure if I was a fan of it. The chreography was pretty firece but that's the only thing I liked about the performance. I am not really a huge fan of Lady Gaga to begin with. I only like a few songs by her.


Weigh in with your thoughts on this. Are we born this way or is it a choice?

No comments: