Monday, February 7, 2011

Livejournal Writer's Block- Keep Your Head on The Ground and Keep Reaching for The Stars

As Project Search reaches its halfway point I have thought about where I see myself fitting in at the hospital. I have enjoyed my frirst two internships immensly but have determined that I would perfer a job better that has more paitent interaction. I love being around people. Data entry work is okay but it can get tedious after awhile. Tomorrow I have a progress meeting about this rotation and what my hope for next rotation is. A few weeks ago all the interns had a meeting with the Business Advisory Council about jobs we hope to get. I asked about data entry jobs and they said they are plentiful at other locations. St Joe's doesn't really have a lot of oppotuniteis available right now but who knows what could change in the next couple months. Hopefully my last roation and a look over the broad perspective of the program will help me to figure out where I best fit in the hospital.My main goal by June is to be looking for a job and be halfway to employment by the middle or end of summer. I am hoping to move out of my house and into an apartment in Nashua or whereever I end up finding a job by late summer or early fall. This is my hope. Hopefully things work out in my favor because lord knows I am SICK of being unemployed and living in a town that has limited social life such as Amherst. Other than that everything else things will fall into place. I have thrown around the idea of going back to grad school bit for right now I think it's best to focus on working so I can start to pay back my NEC loans Matt and I hope to move in together by falll 2012. We will see how things go with that. It will depend largely on both us finding steady job and a place we can both afford. Portsmouth is main area I have my heart set one. I am in love with that town!

Quote from Good Morning Baltimore from the Broadway musical Hairspray
My ma tells me no
But my feet tell me go!
It's like a drummer inside my heart
Oh, oh, oh
Don't make me wait
One more moment for my life to start...

No comments: