Sunday, September 11, 2011

Never Forget

Today is the 10th Anniversary on the teriorist attacks. A day of reflection and rememberance.  Approrriately  the  livejournal writer's block question today asks Where Were You?

I was 16 and a sophomore at Souhegan.    It  was the 10 minute break  between 2nd and 3rd period  I was in the school store line waiting to get a chocolate chip cookie.  An announcemnet came over the loudspeaker from Ted Hall to report to our advisories.    We all gathered in our classrooms and watched the  Twin Towers fall on the TV.  I was in shock.   There was a school wide assembly later that day,  I loved how the whole school came together in a time of crisis.

When  Osama Bin Laden was killed this spring  I couldn't have been more overjoyed that the  families of  9/11 victims  have some sort of closure finally.  They had a special episode of World News Tonight on  earlier about the Memorial that opened near Ground Zero. That will be one of my top sites to visit the next time  I go to the city. :)

 The families of all 9/11 victims are in my prayers always! NEVER FORGET!

No comments: