Sunday, May 17, 2009

"It's something unpredictable but in the end is right I hope you had the time of your life"


People pictured in the left hand side photo are me Cooper Bowman, Erin Ryan,Heather Jewett, Jon Waite and Matt Smith. The picture on the right hand side is me with Cooper
















Yesterday was a fun day... but a long one. Matt Heather and I first went up to Henniker for the NEC graduation. The ceremony didn't seem quite as long as last years and it wasn't quite as hot in Lee Clement Area either.. of course the main difference there was that I wasn't in a cap and gown. They had some pretty good speakers though no one could seriously top Luong Ung the Cambodian Refugee who spoke at my graduation last year. The three speeches that stood out the most were the one from the class speaker for the Graduate program, a journalist for the Boston Globe whose words of wisdom related to my field and the main commencement speaker Delfeyo Marsailis a jazz saxophonist from New Orleans. I am so proud of my two best friends Cooper and Erin and I know they will do fantastic with whatever they do with their degrees. Congrats to the NEC Class of 09 and those who also received awards at yesterday's ceremony. I had to skip over some names because they were either said too fast and I didn't have enough time to write them down or I couldn't read my handwriting.
Collegium Awards for Highest GPA
Business Ben Glover,Education Margo Lucas,Liberal Arts and Sciences Casey McFarland,Knowledge Growth and Action Denise Bennett, Natural Sciences and Mathematics Danielle Gianacola and Veritas John Doucette
Outstanding Male and Female Students Gigi Griffin and Hiroto Tzu
Creative Arts Award Emma Laing
Pricscilla C Danforth Athletic Award Jodie Dresser
Staff Member of The Year Rene Hellert
Robert A Kilgore Faculty Award Mark Mitch

After the ceremony we stayed around and mingled with people for a bit and then we hit the road to go up to Meredith to go my friend James's house. It was a nice relaxing evening. We hung out played Rock Band and watched Cloverfield. I do not understand why Cloverfield got so much hype last year. I personally thought the plot made no sense and that it was quite boring. We relaxed a little this morning and then headed up to Laconia to go bowling. I had never been to that bowling alley before and it was a good change of pace from going to Leda Lanes in Nashua. The Lakes Region is very scenic and pretty. I want to get married on Lake Winnipasuakee.

Another week of job searching and volunteer work lies ahead. It will certainly fly by fast and then this weekend Matt and I are taking Cooper to a Portland Seadogs game for a graduation and I'm spending the weekend at Matt's new house in Kennebunk. I am so excited!

Time for bed. I am wiped!!
Janine

No comments: