Haven't written a substanial update in a while so here ya go...
Last weekend I went to Maine and spent some time at Matt's house in Kennebunk... which is gorgeous. His cousin Tim and wife Melanie came over with their baby daughter Abby who was so cute!! Saturday we went to the Portland Seadogs game which was Cooper's present for graduation. We met up with Cooper Jon and Nick Heilner. It was a good time despite the cold and outcome of the game Connecticut creamated Portland 12-1. We went out to dinner at Sebago Brewing Company which my friend Erin Ludwig recommended. I was totally disappointed she could not meet up with us so hopefully I will get to see her whenever I go to Maine next. The food was really good and I highly recommend if you ever find yourself traveling to Portland. It was a great weekend. I can't wait to go to Matt's house again. :)
Job search has not really picked up any recently. Roadblock after roadblock seems to pop up. It is getting kind of impossible not to get discouraged. Stupid economy!!! I don't want to be broke anymore. The articles I write for the Cabinet don't really give me much money.. that money usually tends to go to going out with friends.. which I have to less of nowadays because I don't want to go totally broke. I am after all trying to rebuild my bank account from when I went to New York with Matt in April, Hopefully I will get more hours for subbing or a full time or part time job at one of the schools in July
.My class at the tech college started Tuesday night and I must say I am happy that I chose to study speech pathology. It helps me to semi pay back the regret I have for not choosing to originally major in Special Education at NEC because if I get a decent job in that field after I graduate then I will still get to work with students with disabilities something that a long with writing is a huge passion of mine. I love knowing I can make a difference in the life of child. I do not know how long it's going to take me to complete all of the requited classes but THANKFULLLY my general education requirements will all transfer over from NEC so I won't have to worry about taking lab science or college writing. :)
The Tony Awards are in less the 3 weeks... June 7th. I am incredibly excited that HAIR is nominated for 8 awards and will seriously cry if Gavin Creel and Will Swenson do not get Best Leading Actor/Best Supporting Actor in a musical because they were both AMAZING!!! I hope Billy Elliot does really well too.
Ultimately I have decided it would better for my mental sanity if I didn't go back to the Barn Playhouse to go see any plays this summer. I have driven myself and other people plenty crazy with worrying about stuff related to the Barn Playhouse and fearing people from my intern company will forget about me ( which obviously they have not forgotten about me) . Going to the Barn may or may not cause my depression to come back but weather or not that's a deciding factor it's time to move on. I do not necessarily need to go back to the Barn Playhouse to see a show in order to accept the changes that have gone on there since I left. Please read the below poem that basically gets down to the nitty gritty. I would much better off emotionally if I went to go see a play at other theatres such as Nancy' Barry's theatre in Meredith. I actually feel more happy when I go see shows in Meredith and hopefully plan to get a job there next summer if I do not find something that pays a substantial amount of money by January. I have also been doing networking with people that have done summer stock at other theatres in New England and have come up with a list of other places to apply to which include Mount Washington Valley Theatre in North Conway, Hackamatack Theatre in Berwick Maine, Maine State Music Theatre in Brunswick Maine *Will Porter worked there before he worked at NLBP let's see if he answers my email and Ogunquit Playhouse in Ogunquit Maine just to name a few. Oh the joys and powers of networking. :)
Well not much else to say... until later ... much later farewell my loves.
Janine
No comments:
Post a Comment