Transitions are not very easy for me to make. Let me elaborate
Two summers ago I had an amazing internship at the New London Barn Playhouse in New London New Hampshire. It was the most amazing experience of my life. Once we all left to go our sperate ways to school and life away from the Barn it hit me really hard. I had a fullblown depression for several months which is fifty percent over and fifty percent still needs to gain closure.
The part that is healed is the part that is related to drifting apart from the people I worked with. That was rough on me for awhile. One of my coworkers and I were really close to each other by the end of the summer and since we left the Barn Playhouse we have fallen out of touch. The fact that he was the fist person I lost touch with was really hard on me due to the fact that we were like a brother and sister type pair by the end of the summer. The fact that I lost touch with him first made it easier for me to deal with accepting that i've lost touch with a majority of the other people in my intern company other than a very select few. If you read my livejournal you should know who I am talking about.
The second part of my depression is still very much in limbo. It's related to all the changes that have gone on at the Barn since my departure in terms of management. All of these changes are beyond my control and I wish I never had such an emotional connnection to them because it didnt make much sense to be so emotionally attached to them since I am no longer employed by them. I have been fighting with myself back and forth about going to see a play at NLBP this summer because I am worried there is a possibility my depression could come back. There a 95% unlikelyhood of that happening. Going to the Barn, I think will help me gain complete closure to all my anger about all the changes that have gone on at the Barn and i'll be able to have more of an acceptance everything. From then my connection with NLBP will cease because I really have no connections there anymore except for the 5 junior interns that were in the company I directed in Bravery Soup and even the make up of that group has changed because the age limit has been pushed down
More recently the transition I've had issues with making is that from college life to the real world. I graduated from college last year. I honestly can't believe it's been a year already. Post-college life is much different than college life. The thing that was hardest is that I don't get to see my friends as much as I used to and even when I go up to visit them it feels strange because I don't feel like I completely fit in there anymore..not with my group of friends ..I enjoy getting together with them every time I go up.. our little family unit. I must admit though it's grown a little fractured since I left. The atmosphere of NEC in general is where I don't really fit or feel I fit.
The job search as I'm sure you've been reading in my previous entires has been driving me up a total and complete wall. Hopefully the economy willl turn around soon . It is very frusturating because no body is hiring and whatever places are hiring are few and far between.
However I am planning on going back to school. I will be taking some classes at Nashua Tech starting in the summer. I will be starting classes in Medical Coding with Anatomy and Physiology then in September I will take Medical Terminology and a few other classes. The way things are looking it will take me til 2011 to get my certificate.
Later
Janine
No comments:
Post a Comment