Sunday, January 24, 2010

2nd family stress no more

Back in the fall there was a substanial amount of time when I did not write in this blog because there was some stuff that was going on that I thought was best to keep to myself in regards to drama that had arisen in two seperate situations. One which was related to an argument I was in with my best friend Heather which has since been resolved and some issues in was dealing with a few of my friends from NEC who shall remain nameless and needless to say are no longer my friends. The reason they are not my friends anymore has nothing to do with me but with their own personal choices they have made in which to distance themselves from our group of friends. I deem it best to respect their wishes and not contact them anymore and hope they come around eventually and realize how immature they are being. In the meantime I have wished them well in the rest of their academic careers at NEC and what ever they choose to persure after graduation.
Since I graduated from NEC in 2008 there was been a substanial amount of childish drama between my group of friends at NEC. I have tried my very best to keep my distance from everything and not get involved but instead to only give my opinions where I felt they were necessary. However, drama continued to escalate and I still was made aware of it through my other friends who are still at the school. While I was moving on with my life away from NEC and making new friends away from NEC I was sincerely holding out hope that people would put thier issues with eachother aside so that way we could still get together and hang out whenever Matt and I go up to visit NEC. I have recently realized and begun to accept that sadly this is no longer the case. I am not not the only person who is upset by this though. I can think of a few other people that are upset by this but I'm choosing not to name names as not to stir the pot and cause more drama. I wish things could go back to the they way they were before I graduated when everyone got along and there was no reason to fight with each other. As far as I can tell, and this is honest and sad truth nothing is repairable.. The damage done between certain people is too great and there is no way for people to work things with eachother no matter how hard I hoped and prayed that would happen. When all this shit even started what I really should have done was ignored all the messages in my facebook inbox that were related to the drama. I didn't really have the energy or time to deal with any of it anyways. Of course being the good friend that I am I felt the need to give advice wherever I was best fit to give it. Big mistake because that just led me to getting more messages in my inbox about drama I did not even want to be related to. I am not saying I do not love my NEC friends (the people I still keep in touch with) because I do. I love them all deeply. They all know this. This is no disrepect to any of them. My general point is that if I had wanted to distance myself from the drama I whould have ignored all the facebook messages and at this point. I deeply regret NOT doing that. It would have deeply brought down any unneeded stress and anxiety I was dealing with at that time. In which was in constant overload between the job search and my deperession with the Barn Playhouse and the whole sitution with Will Porter.

At this point I feel it is best to move on. I do not know how often I plan on going to NEC this semester. Every time I go up there I just hear about more drama and I can't even deal with hearing about it anymore. It just really hurts me on a deep personal level that people are letting to many stupid things get in the way of us all hanging out together. I'm not even intending to be overdramtic here. These are simply facts and general feelings. This is my livejournal after all. I think I deserve to be honest.

In other news I had an interview on Thursday that went really well. The position I interviewd for was an admistrative postion at an office in Bedford that does intake for providing services for children with Autism. Crossing my fingers for a second interview.

No comments: