So livejournal always has these writer's block questions. I don't really take a lot of time to think about them but this particular one sparked my interest figured it would give you blog readers some insight about where I stand politically
To be honest I do really follow polotics at all. I try to avoid it at all costs. I don't know where my friends stand as far as their views because we don't really talk about politics very much. Two issues that are really important to me are the rights for people with disabilites and Gay Marriage. The first one is important to me becausae I have a disabiltiy. I was born with mild cerebal palsy and I have a non-verbal disorder that has not been fully diagonosed that is somewhere on the Autism spectrum. Based on my circumstances I have always felt that people with disabilities are serverely misunderstood and classified often as stupid whne most of the time they are just as smart as thier counterparts that are not disabled, For the second one I am huge supporter of gay rights. I really wasn't made aware of this issue til I went to college and Matthew Shepard's mother came to speak to students at my school my freshmen year. She gave a really eye opening speech and my school's theatre department performed The Laramie Project the same year. That was one of the plays that hit me so emotionally that I almost cried during the performance. That really opened my eyes to gay rights and that is what caused me to join the Gay Straight Allliance at my college. Til I joined that club I didn't really know many people who were gay or bisexual. Now that I am more openminded I realize that besides their sexualtiy gays bis and lesibians are really the same as we are their view point on love is just a little bit different then ours. When it boils down to it though love is love and sexuality should withstand no boundaries.As far as the other catergories are concerend I don't really have a solid opinon on capital punushment because I don't know a lot about it. Abortion is another issue I feel strongly about. In my opinion it is the mother's decision what she want to do but I am in support of life so if the mother does not feel confident in wanting to care for a child she can always put it up for adoption.
No comments:
Post a Comment