So i am on a natural high! I got into Project Search the job training program at St Joesph's Hospital. I start in September ( well tehcnically August 31st). Between this program and the program I am currently in at the Boys and Girls Club of Greater Nashua I am getting training that will help me to succeed in workplace... which is great because training is what I was lacking in the positions I have previously held. A step in the right direction. A step toward stating a life of my own.
Mission Possible is going well. The kids are so adorable and I love working with them. I am getting to know the other people in my training group and they are really nice.
This weekend I went to the SHS Musical which I throughly enjoyed. Go to my theatre blog for a review of that show at the CTE show Baby With The Bathwater. Saturday night I went out with Matt and Sonya to go to Karaoke at Friday's in celebration of me getitng into Project Search. Thomas Rossi met up with us and it was awesome to see him. Yesterday I went to Henniker to go see the CTE Play. As per natural I met up with Laura Hachez, her boyfriend Joe and Leanna Pizer for lunch before the play. It was great to see them again and catch up. Among other thongs we discussed the drama that has gone on since I graduated which has been mentioned in previous entries. We all agreed that while it is diasppointing that childish drama has fractured so many relationships in our group of friends it is best to move on with our lives. Life is way too short for drama and focussing on the negative things that life brings about. Focus on the friendships that are still intact and making new ones.
Speaking on NEC friends next weekend I am going to Maine and we are celebrating James's 21st Bday ( a bit belated as his birthday was March 4th) SO excited to see some NEC friends I have not seen in awhile...including James who I have not seen since the summer. GLORIOUS!!
On the topic of moving on we once again arrive at stuff related to NLBP..
The Barn Playhouse has changed signifcantly since I left there three years ago in terms of management. I have nothing whatsoever against the people who currently work there. I have never met the new artistic director but have heard from other people that is a very nice woman. I have had an issue with accepting all the changes. As a result this has hindered my process of moving on. I got angry over stuff I should have not gotten angry about...stuff that I thought I could change but ultimately had no control over. This made people who currently work at the Barn kind of pissed off at me and I do not blame them at all for getting mad. As I said in my previous entry in order to get over my depression I need to fully distance myself from all related to the Barn. Let the memories from my summer there be memories and accept the current changes. Accept that things have mostly changed for the better of the Barn as an instituiton no matter what it will still be a great place to go see shows at. I think it is best for me that I don't go see shows there for awhile. I may go back in two or three years but now is not the best time. Heck, it may just be time for me to move on from that place all together and start going to see plays at other theatres.
Part two of this reinvention process involves the way I behave. I have been out of line in so many ways.. I overstepped boundaries with Will Porter in a few different circumstances that have been touched upon in previous entries... I probably totally messed up my friendship with him but who knows? We may be friends again in the future. As far as that situation is concerned it is best to let time take its course and see what will happen. As far as my other friends from the Barn are concerned I know a a majority of them have been frusturated with me for being too in their faces with emails about the Barn. They have obviously picked up on the fact that I am depressed. I have decided it is the best to give people space for awhile and not email them. It is only then that they will notice that I have truly let go of stuff related to the Barn and perhaps then we can actually talk to each other on better terms of what is going on in the here and now. I know for a fact that they are sick of hearing me talking about the Barn and I am honestly quite sick of rehashing negative feeelings. I know that people like me. I just need to trust that a little bit more.
Part three involves focusssing more on the present and the future.. I have been so wrapped up in the past for three years and it's time to take what is going on in the here and now HEAD ON! As I said at the start of the entry I am so excited about the job training program I got into at St Joe's Hopsital, I think that will be an amazing experience for me. New opportunities will definitley open up for me. I picked up something when I was at NEC yesterday about a Master's Program in Professional Writing at NEC. I am considering applying to that after Project Search is over and done with. I definitley want to be able to do more with my communications degree then I am currently doing and I think getting my master's will open up better job opportunites in the field. It's online so I won't have to worry about finding a place to live in Henniker again . Hopefully I find a job so I can pay for the courses and won't have to take out a bunch more loans... I am already in debt from undergrad.
No comments:
Post a Comment