Sunday, January 9, 2011

Another Year Another Clean Slate

Happy 2011
With another year in full swing it's time to start over once again with a clean slate. All in all 2010 was a pretty good year. The only thing I regret is outlined in the entry from December 30th titled Looking Back. I don't like to dwell on the past too much so thus I will not do so.
I already highlighted the events of Christmas so let's start with Christmas week events. The day after Christmas we got a big snowstorm... well technically speaking the weathermen made it out to be a big storm when in actuality it wasn't. New York City and New Jersey got pounded while we only got less than a foot. Christmas week was pretty relaxing. My sister is home from colllege for Winter break so I have mostly been spending time with her. We watched a lot of old movies for past Christmases. Good times... great memories. Our goal is to try to get all the old video footage on dvd because all of VHS tapes are really starting to get worn out. The day before New Years Eve I went to the movies with Allie and Sonya to see Black Swan. Talk about about a movie that was severly overhyped by the critics. Natalie Porman's peformance was amazing but that's where my positive commentary on the movie ends.. other than that I thought it was weird and flat out distrubing. New Years Eve I had Sonya and Julie over to watch movies.. Sonya brought her friend Penny who I really like. Matt came over as well. We watched Fame and My Sister's Keeper. Two highly reccomendable movies. New Years Day was Sally's wedding. It was a nice ceremony and I had a really good time. It was great to see Matt's family again and meet Paul's family as well. This week I got back into the swing of things with work. My internship at Cardiovascular Rehab is going very well. I am really learning a lot there. Last night was pretty fun. Matt and I went out to dinner at the 99, went to the movies to see True Grit and went to a Ice Hockey game for Burlington High School. ( Which Burlington lost 6-1) True Grit is a really good movie. I am not typically a fan of Westerns but I really liked this movie a lot.. it really kept me on the edge of my seat. I got into the PTA Play The Music Man. Today was our first rehearsal. I think it is definitley going to be a great show to work on. I have been to many of the past PTA plays so it will be great to finally get the chance to work with some of the people I have seen perform in past shows over the years. I will cover more about Music Man in my Theatre Is My Life blog so stay tuned for more updates.
Janine
The first movie ratings of 2011
* Theatre Viewing **Home Viewing ^previously viewed
** Fame B
^**My Sister's Keeper B+
*Black Swan C-/D
**Bowling For Columbine B+
*True Grit B+
1/8/11 Sports Scores
NEC Scores
Men's Basketball vs UNE W 71-44
Women's Basketball vs UNE L 80-41
Men's Hockey vs Southern Maine W 3-1
Women's Hockey vs Colby W 3-2
Other Colleges
AIC 73 SNHU 59
R.I. College 96 KSC 82
Roger Williams 62 Nichols 57
Columbia 64 Union 59
Western Conn 109 Plymouth State 77
Syracuse 61 Seton Hall 56
Women's Basketball
R.I College 68 KSC 56
Roger Williams 73 Nichols 57
Western Conn 77 Plymouth State 34
Springfield 61 Wellselly 48
Men's Hockey
UNH 3 UMASS 1
Souhegan Scores
Basketball
1/ 6 Girls Souhegan 66 St Thomas Aquanis 55
1/6 Boys Souhegan 65 St Thomas Aquanis 32
Boys Hockey
1/8 vs Pelham-Windham L 5-0
Girls Hockey
1.8 vs Concord L 7-0
Pros and Semi Pros
Hockey
NHL
Canadiens 3 Bruins 2
AHL
Manchester Monarchs @ Portland Pirates L 4-3
NBA
Bulls 90 Celtics 79
NFL Divisional Playoffs
Seattle Seahawks 41 New Orleans Saints 36

No comments: