Sunday, April 17, 2011

Retaining normalcy

Another tech week has come and gone... aside from my aforementioned schedule slip up last Sunday it went pretty well. I am very exhausted.. it's been a very long week. (This was cut and pasted from my lj so let me explain the schedule slip up. Basically I misread my rehearsal website and thought my rehearsal was at 6 when it was really in the afternoon. I was actually really mad at myself because I am usually good at being on time for things) The best thing about the PTA Plays is that it's a community play so a lot of families are in it, It was amazing to get work with people I've seen in the plays over the years. It was also amazing to work with fellow SHS Thespian Ashley Hughes. We did theatre in high school together but never did any shows together up to this point. This show has definitley helped to grow as performer and I can't wait for 8 more months to pass by when Oaklahoma auditions come around next January. I have never had so much fun working on a show as I did with working on Music Man and Oklahoma will be just as great. Friday and Saturday night I went to cast parties after the show at Roger Hurd's house and the Abis's house. Tres fun. I definitley over indulged food wise and will have a lot of calroies to burn off at the gym in the next couple week and when you add all the calories I will gain from Easter then that's even more calroies to burn. :./ Pictures from the play will be posted on facebook soon.Aside from the play what else has gone on... been busy with stuff at Project Search mostly. My internship at the Front Desk is going well so far. Loving it. We have a reverse job fair coming up on May 23rd which have spent our class time preparing for it. What this entails is putting together a binder with letters of reccomondatiion from our intenship sites and our resumes and putting together a display that describes us as a worker and talks a bit about what we do in our spare time.. pictures from the play will be included. People from St Joe's and other medical centers will be coming around and asking us questions. I'm hoping this results in a position. I also applied for a job at the Roger Dionne Senior Center as a clerical assistant. Hopefully I hear back from them about an interview soon. Outside of work and the play here's what's been up:
4/1- I went out with Women's group for Penny's birthday. We went to karaoke at Grand Buffett. It was the first time I had gone there since before the Christmas Holidays so it was good to finally get back there. I sang Crocodile Rock by Elton John and Baby Girl by Sugarland. Totally rocked both.
4/2- Matt Sonya and I went up to Henniker to go see Hotel La Putts. Before the show we went to The Country Sprit for a retirement dinner for my theatre professor Wally. It was quite a good time. It was great to see all my NEC theatre friends I had not seen in awhile. The play was hillarious for the most part though it did have its serious moments. Very good time.
4/8 Went to the movies with Women's Group to have a belated birthday celebration for Caroline (whose birthday was 3/16... we were supposed to get together 3/30 but ther were too many schedule conflicts) and saw Arthur Hilliarious and highly reccomendable movie.. I also recently read Stones To Schools by Greg Mortensen.. the sequel to Three Cups of Tea. Very eye opening book to what life is like in Afghanstan and Pakistan.

Next Update: May 8th
What will be covered * Easter *April vacation travels *Women's group movie night *NEC Movement Concert *Mothers Day

No comments: