This blog is for general ranting and stuff that goes on my every day life in work and relationships. Stuff that is incredibly personal will not be posted on this blog. For all theatre related commentary please go to my Theatre is My Life blog.
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Thought for the day= On religion
Friday on 20/20 there was a story on Independant Baptist Churches and how a parioshner dealt with being raped. I had never heard of this religion before seeing this story on the news and found it to be interesting but the overall story was sad and I feel really bad for the victims of rape and what they had to go through. The whole religion seems kind of strange to me actually. Maybe I just don't know enough about it. I may need to do more research about it. Just for my own reference. In a more general sense I have been considering my own religion for a very long time. I was born and raised Catholic and proud of the religous upbringing that I have and what I have gained from it. I have been seeing the commericals for the Catholics Come Home campaign on tv a lot recently which baiscially encourages Catholics who have been away from church for awhile to start going to church again I don't go to church as often as I used to and feel I should go more often then I do. Prayer has certainly gotten me through a lot of tough times I have had over the past couple years especialy with the way the economy and job searching has been so difficult to deal with. I have mostly been away from the Catholic church for this long a time because of my disgust with the sex abuse scandel and how it was handled. I know I still believe in god for sure but the thing I am confused about is weather or not I want to change religons or still remain Catholic. My goal is figure that out with in the next couple months and then decide where I want to go from there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment