I really perfer the Writer's Block Unplugged Questions to the regular Writer's Block Questions on Livejournal. They allow me to go indepth with my thoughts. That's one thing.. probably the only thing I willl miss about livejournal once I make the full transport over to blogspot in a couple weeks. Bored of the LJ atmosphere... have been since December of 06.
Anyway today's Writer's Block Unplugged Question is related to Mental Illness. Granted I can't get to scientific about this kind of stuff because I didn't study psychology but I can answer this question in the best way I can based on personal experience.
The Question: Do we develop mental illness are we born with it?
This is all a matter of opinion honestly and it also depends on people's personal experiences. As I said above it's hard for me to get scientific as I didn't study psychology but maybe those who did study physcology can offer better insight into this topic. From my personal experience I think that it really depends on the situation you are dealt with. One current event this can relate this is the little boy Camden Hughes who was killed in Maine at thebeginning of last month by his mother Juliannne McCreery of Texas. It still baffles me why this woman would even take her son to NH to kill him or for that matter kill herself in NH if she had no family in the New Englanc area. She was obviously under a lot of mental duress but that was no reason to take it out on an innoncent child who had his whole life to live. Absolutely sickening. I just don't get how people like that end up having children.
For those who know me I am pretty happy go lucky person and do not let things get me down very easily. Sure in high school I felt like I didn't fit in at times. Did I let that define me? No, I didn't. Did I let stress get me down? No, I didn't. As far as mental illness goes I have a few family members who have dealt with it but I don't think what's affected them is going to affect me. The only way I can have any kind of relation to this kind of topic is my issue I had with moving on from the Barn Playhouse. I don't really like to talk about that in this blog very often ANYMORE because quite honestly the biggest issue I had in relation to anything related to the Barn was moving on and now that I have moved on I don't want to think about that stuff anymore. Was I depressed about it? I actually can't reallly be sure. I was definitley overanxious though.. mostly for unnecessary reasons. Looking back on everything related to that I would have made things easier for myself had I moved on right after I left New London. Memories aren't forgotten and they will never be as such. Forgetting and being forgetton about were my biggest anxieties at that time. What was all the worry for? Nothing... as I eventually came to realize.
No comments:
Post a Comment