Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Thought for the day- Out of the Blue

So a co-worker of mine from NLBP emailed me a few days ago requesting that I take a video of him off youtube. I told him that I was not in charge of the page the video was on and that he would have to find out who was in charge of it to ask them to take it down.


Why he chose to contact me or thought I posted the video in the first place I am not too sure. I hope the situation will eventaully be resolved though.


Sometimes I think my issues with moving on from NLBP could have had something to do with it.

Update August 6th I typically don't like to reveal people's names in this blog because in the past when I have writtne entries about people I have gotten in trouble with my parents about that but for the purposes of this particular incident I will mention the person's name. Three weeks after this incident that took my by complete surprise while I am not intending to make a big deal out of this I am still slightly confused as to why Bobby contacted me about the video. I was able to contact the adminstrator of the youtbue page (who I'm guessing is Nic Rouleau but not 100% sure) and the video was removed. At first I had an initial reaction that it something to do with bad karma from my Barn Playhouse depression but then I could be jumping a false conclusion. While it was most likely a misunderstanding and the issue was dealt with accordingly I still would like some kind of clear reasoning to why he thought I would post the video in the first place while I do not even the dvd with that clip on it in my possession.

Copyright infringement could be a possibitly but if that is case then wouldn't the rest of the videos have to be taken down too? Another speculation that I have is because of nasty comment I spotted on the video that indicated Bobby had no talent. He could have seen the comment and gotten offended. If I was him I would have been offended if a complete stranger on an interent website said that I had no talent. For the recoed all my friends from the Barn Playhouse are amazingly talented. :)

No comments: