This weekend was my annual family reunion for 4th of July in Hull Mass. I was in charge of organzing this year and the them was Broadway Survivor. We had four teams Team Rydell (Greas) Team Jellicle (CATS) Team Hippie (HAIR) and Team Wild West (Annie Get Your Gun) It was a success! The Family Olympics are fun and always something I look forward too because I get to see see all the exteneded family on my mother's side of the family who I only get to see twice a year. :) It's also good to get away to the beach for a weekend. I love Hull! :)
Sadly though there is a possibility we might lose the Hull House. I am really hoping this doesn't happen because it would be incredibly devastating to our family. Lat me explain the issues at hand. Hull is owned by four people My uncle Richie, My grandparents, my Aunt Ruth and Uncle Tony (Aunt Ruth passed away two years ago) and my Aunt Hilda and Uncle Starkie. Uncle Starkie died my sophomore year at NEC and Aunt Hilda died at the end of April. My Aunt Hilda's family wants out of the ownership of Hull House which makes sense because two of my aunts on that side of the family live in Hull so they don't use the house very often. I am really hoping the Coccas are able to figure something out because this house has been in this family along time and there are so many memories from over the years that I don't want to see disappear.
My sister is making a documentary about Hull House and the common trend I see in the interviews is that lots of people said it's more than a house..it's about family and togetherness.
*sings*
Don't stop believing
hold on to that feelimg
street life people
Don't stop
No comments:
Post a Comment