Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Goals- Forgotten and new

So these are goals I set for myself at the beginning of the school year last year that I totally and completley forgot to summarize when school got out because my summer was just way to busy..so here you go in case you are interested.
This year I will not obsess about my grades too much to point where I drive myself crazy There were certain classes that gave me a run for my money and certain classes that didn't.
This year I will try not to be so negative about myself when it comes to guys. I had a boyfriend at the beginning of the school year but we broke up after a month. We are still good friends.
I will make auditioning for the plays easier for myself by not comparing myself to the other people I am auditioning with and go with the flow of things . Definitley accomplished this goal. I think what gave me the most confidence was the fact that I was cast in two plays at the Barn Playhouse and I didn't have to worry about comparing myself to the other people because I was asked to be in both shows after the casts were already pick. I really still miss being in Annie Get Your Gun... is that a bad thing?
( added note: I totally miss everyone from the NEC theatre department)
I will find someone to teach me guitar in my free time (whenever I have any) so I can put my my song lyrics to sheet msuic didn't happen. my schdule was too busy. I had no free time at all between homework,meetings and other activities.
I will fine tune some of my poetry and short stories so I can get it published in the Henniker Review Didn't get anything published in the Henniker Review but once my writer's block ends maybe I can come up with some new stuff to send in to this year's review.
I will make the freshmen feel comfortable with NEC life that's pretty easy to do.
I will go to the gym at least twice a week didn't happen as much as i would have liked it. to.
I will strengthen the friendships I have make new ones and try to get one that fell by the wayside a little bit last year back on track. sometimes there are things in life you can't control. friends willl come and go in your life. The key thing to keep in mind is that the people that matter the most wil stay by your side. YAY!! I actually got something out of going to counseling for most of last semester. I think my guidance counselor would be happy for me.
I will join at least one new club since I have dropped out of so many. I joned NECRA for two weeks, dropped out because I didn't really like it. I joined Student Art Assocition. I think I went to four meetings before homework overtook my soul. I kind of wish I had gone to more SOUP (gay/straight alliance) meetings. There is only so much my schedule allows me to do.
I will balance my eating habits better so I am not eating the same thing at Gilmore all the time I find this goal almost next to imposible to complete because Gilmore Dining Hall doesn't have that many good food options. And most of what they have is disgusting.
I will work on saving my money so I can have qutie a bit to go somewhere with my friends over spring break ( this would mean not having so many movie nights and doing at least one thing different other than watching movies and going to the plays.) NEW YORK! RENT! BARN PLAYHOUSE REUNION ALL OF IT IS LOVE!! :)
Senior year was successful on some fronts and not so successful on other fronts.

And some goals for some new direction in my life ....
Some new years resoulutions and some other goals.
New YearsResolution 3 Manage my time better so I am not so stressed out This went up and down through out both of my final semesters.
Goal/Prediction 5 I wil find a job I like- this will take a while.
Goal 6 I will help out with PR stuff for the PTA Play and Souhegan plays
I will be helping out with props and publicity for the PTA Production of Peter Pan in April. Dates, times and ticket info will be announced when I know it. I also plan on volunteering for the Peacock Players in Nashua.
Goal 7 I will eventualy move to Portsmouth and get a job at a theatre out there doing PR
Goal 8 I will get on deans list... did that ever happen? no.
Goal 9 I will get invovled in my community more such as poetry or book groups so I can meet new people and stop wasting so much time on facebook

No comments: