Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Job search... raging on

So I got laid off from my job at the call center I was working at because of the way the economy is doing so poorly. That fact will not exactly make my process in finding a new job eaiser. I have put in my application to a bunch of different places but haven't had much luck with finding anything yet. I have been applying to various local elementary schools for paraprofessional special educator jobs no luck there yet. I have an interview on Thursday afternoon with the director of publicity at Peacock Players in Nashua to try to see if I can either volunteer or get an intenship doing publicity for them. Friday morning I have an interview with the Milford Cabinet for a freelance writing job so I am hoping that will turn into something.

I am getting really really nervous that nothing is going to result of this job search because of how bad the economy is right now. That's why I am crossing my fingers and hoping I hear back from at least one of the places that I applied for. Aside from the paraprofessional jobs I have also applied at Marshalls, Shaws, TJ Maxx, Market Basket, Hannnafords and Crotched Mountain. Crotched Mountain had all the positions filled for Teachers Aides so I am pretty disappointed about that.

Wish me luck in hopes that I will find something soon.

Janine

No comments: