Monday, March 23, 2009

American Idol Week 2 Summary and Week Three Predictions

Okay so week two of American Idol has passed. Last week's theme for songs was country. I was quite excited becaue country is one of my favorite genres of music besides showtumes and classic rock. Here is how I would rate last weeks's performances on a scale of 1-10(In alphabetical order)
Adam- In my opinion I think Adam will be the next one to go. I am getting quite bored with him. I think he is better suited for musical theatre and not American Idol . Apparently he was in Wicked. I have no idea what character he played though. 4
Alexis- I am not really familiar with Dolly Parton's music at all but I thought she did a pretty good job. I was sad that she got voted off. Michael or Adam should have gone home. 6.5
Allison- She is a powerhouse! I was shocked that she was in the bottom three. I think she is one of the best contestants this season. 7
Anoop- He's been one of my favorites since the beginning when they were auditioning. I think he has a good shot at getting a record deal. He really bounced back from his performance last week. As Simon said he went from Zero to Hero. 7
Kris- I think he is one of the better male contestants this season. He has a wonderful voice and I liked his song choice. 6
Danny- He totally rocked Jesus Take The Wheel. Loved his performance 9
Lil- Her performance was pretty good. It shows she can add some variety to what she sings. I love how Simon comments on her wardrobe all the time when he doesn't even know anything at all about fashion. 6
Matt- Clearly he is one of my favorite guys this season other than Danny. He really reminds me of Justin Timberlake. 8
Megan- She is the complete opposite of Anoop and has my least favorite contestant from the beginning of show other than Tatianna Deltoro who luckily got voted off during wildcard week. In my opinion she doesn't have that great of a voice while she has had her good moments.. like a few songs she sang during Hollywood week. She totally butcherd Can't Help Lovin That Man of Mine from Showboat which she sang for her audition and Walkin' After Midnight by Patsy Cline which she sang last week, During Michael Jackon week her renditon of Rockin' Robin was also pretty horrid. If Adam is not the next person to go then she willl be. 3
Michael- I personally didn't feel that his performance was the memorable at all. 3
Scott- While I sort of agree with Paula's critique that he uses the piano as a crutch I do think he is really talented and will probably end up making it to the top 5. 6.5

This weeek's theme is MoTown. Prelimilarly here is who are in my top and bottom three. Tomorrow I will post who I think will go home after having seen the performances.
Top 3: Scott Lil Allison
Bottom 3: Adam Megan Michael

Job Search To Do List
Tomorrow I have a volunteer job interview @ St Joesph's Hospital. I will also find out if they have any available positions open
Fill out TJ Maxx application Currently they are not hiring but I will apply anyway and if they start hiring in the summer
Complete Camp Naticook Application and send it off
Fill out Panera Application

No comments: