Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Season 8 of American Idol so far

Not sure if this particular entry should be in this blog or my theatrereviewer826 one but I suppose I could always move it later if I decide it would fit better in the other blog.

I am not sure how many of you blog followers are fans of American Idol but i'm sure this is the first of many entries in this blog you will see about American Idol. This show has been on since I was a freshmen in high school so I have been a fan of it since the beginning. My favorite singers of pervious seasons have been Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Clay Aiken and Jordin Sparks just to name a few. Now we are in Season 8 and what a whirlwind it has been so far. Right now the top 36 is being built and the first two weeks of the top 12 formulation have truly been nailbiters because there are so many talented singers (and perhaps some not so talented) that make it very hard to pick and choose. So far the standouts have been Alexis Grace, Danny Gokey, Adam Lambert and Allison Ireheda. All who have been voted into the top 12. Anoop Desai totally got robbed and I am really hoping that he is brought back for the wild card round tomorrow. Same thing with Meghan Jo Corkery from last week's group. Though she totally butchered her audition song Can't Help Lovin'That Man of Mine from the Broadway Musical Showboat (one love to Colleen Fee) she has a really good voice and I think she can go really far in the compettion. Out of all the groups this one was the most talented one. Scott McIntyre will definitley dominate and I think Lil Rounds will too. We'll have to see how America will vote.

In other news I have my job interview tomorrow at Heron Pond Elementary School in Milford for a subsitute teaching position. I am not so nervous about the interview itself more so the outcome and if I get the job because at this point I am getting so tiresome of looking for a job but the job market is not the best right now because of the economy and that is the hard thing about it. I am actuallly kind of hoping I get more hours for subbing in Nashua but since that hasn't been happening too much lately I am not sure how hard I should wish for that. More follow up calls to make tomorrow or Thursday...Market Basket and Walmart. I'm also thinking of doing some volunteer work just so I can get out of the house.

Time for bed! Must rested for my intereview
Love
Janine

No comments: