Last week I started Mission Possible the job training program at the Boys and Girls Club of Greater Nashua. I think this program is very interesting and I am gainng new skills. For the first half hour we are in career development class which is review for me since I took Career Development for two semesters my last year at NEC. The rest of the day we are at our job postings around the Boys and Girls Club. My position is working in the coat check checking in student's backpacks and coats and checking things out of their cubbies when they need to get a book they need to do their homework with out. Since this is a new position the first few days were spent working out the kinks so on Wednesday I was in the homework room helping kids with their homework and organizing the bookshelf and Friday I was with the creative arts group and we went on a nature hike. Judging from the first week of the program I think the next nine weeks (starting with this week are going to be a mix of educational and fun.
Last night I had my interview for the job training program at St Joes' Hospital Project Search. It went very well and I think I have a pretty decent shot of getting into the program. I find out about my acceptance on Monday so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I get in.
In the meanwhile I have been applying to local summer camps so far I haven't had much luck.
Theatre Camps
- Peacock Players Positions filled
- Andy's Summer Playhouse Positions Filled
- Bedford Youth Performing Company Positions filled
General Camps
Sending in applications today for Camp Naticook, Camp Allen and the summer camp at the Boys and Girls Club in Milford. I am also applying for the summer camp at the Boys and Girls Club in Nashua and I called Camp Ponemah at Hampshire Hills last night but all their positions were filled. Never heard one way or the other if I got the job at Summer Theatre in Meredith Village so I tend to assume that's a no go.
No comments:
Post a Comment