Saturday, March 20, 2010

My latest poem

Please refer to my latest entry in my Theatre Is My Life blog for what this poem is about.
Three Simple Words Part 2
The river flows on
and so do my negative thoughts
as I push them away.
This song is on constant repeat on the ipod in my head
Come sister let's go down
let's go down come on down
come sister let's go down
down by the water to pray.
People I worked with moved on from
that summer long ago
and I don't know exactly
why it took me so long to move forward.
Obsession and paranoia
two negative things
I wish I could have dealt with better
and not have
made such a big dealout of a
problem that didn't really exist.
Look forward
don't look back
or go off the beaten track
memories are not forgotten.
I felt like I had something to prove
but I don't.
Because love conqures all things
and I know that despite distance
friendships are not lost
and I am loved.
Put the past in the past
and listen to the three simple words
whispered down from the heavens
Let It Be.
The song referenced to in this poem is Down To The Water to Pray from the movie O Brother Where Art Thou?

No comments: